|"Oh, what a pleasant surprise!"
Remain mindful that this page may contain spoilers for related material. If you are new to anything, like if you have not played the game or read the book yet, please read at your own risk!
- Not what you were looking for? See Vanessa.
“Are you having fun yet?”
Vanny is a follower of the digital virus Glitchtrap, a form of the serial killer William Afton, and appears as the main antagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach. It's revealed in the Princess Quest minigames that she was the main protagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted, where she was first corrupted by Glitchtrap. She also plays a role in Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery.
Vanny wears a white bunny costume that has stitching all over it, with a large pink tartan stitching on her left hip. The costume also has a light-tilted blue bow on the chest and its hands and feet have pink paw pads under them. Her bunny mask has a wide, creepy smile with small buck teeth, a pair of long whiskers, small eyebrows, and big glowing red eyes that appear to be spaced out.
Beneath her mask, she's revealed to have blonde hair tied back in a ponytail, similar to Vanessa's.
In Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted, Vanny has some uncertainty in her voice when being confronted about her task implying she at first wasn't fully ready to kill victims. However by the time of Security Breach, she had apparently killed at least nine children at the PizzaPlex, as seen in a newspaper article in the Bad Ending for Security Breach.
In Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach, Vanny is shown to have a sadistic personality hidden behind a childlike flamboyance. This is shown through her casually and gleefully skipping after Gregory as he runs from her before running with arms outstretched if Gregory is too close. She also happily orders the S.T.A.F.F. Bots to disassemble Glamrock Freddy and constantly laughs as she is about to murder Gregory. Despite this, she is capable of showing fear, especially when her plans backfire. This is evident if Gregory makes the Staff Bots kill her the same way she did to Glamrock Freddy earlier.
Appearing as the protagonist of the game as a beta tester hired to play the The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience, Vanny's voice can only be heard after completing the Curse of Dreadbear DLC. In order to hear it, the player must:
- Obtain Glitchtrap's plush after collecting 16 Tapes in the basic hub's levels.
- Obtain the grinning white rabbit mask from the cellar while completing the Afraid of the Dark mode's "Corn Maze" level from the Curse of Dreadbear hub.
Back in the main area of the Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience, the rabbit mask will be found in the Prize Counter. The player must wear the mask and hold the Glitchtrap plush to hear the voice. While holding the plush, Vanny can be heard saying the following:
“Yes, I hear you. I know... No. There's no miscommunication... I understand... Yes, I have it. I made it myself. I think you would like it... No, no one suspects anything... Don't worry, I'll be ready, and I won't let you down. It will be fun.”
Vanny makes her first physical appearance at just before 1:00 AM during the first power diversion. After Glamrock Freddy is taken to the Recharge Station in the hallway leading to the Superstar Daycare, she will casually skip across the hallway from left to right, heading towards the Superstar Daycare, distorting Glamrock Freddy's vision in the process. Once she leaves, Gregory alerts Glamrock Freddy of what he saw, only for it to turn out that he didn't actually see Vanny despite Gregory being able to do so.
Later on, at 1:45 AM when Vanessa catches Gregory, she stores him in Lost and Found so that his parents or the police can pick him up, talking to him through the monitors once he reawakens at 2:00 AM. After talking to him via said monitors, the screen displaying Vanessa switches to Vanny asking Gregory, "Are you having fun yet?" before she physically appears outside the door to the room. Once there, she waves to Gregory and comes inside to attack him. The player can use a screwdriver given to them via a nearby Wind-Up Gift to escape her. If the player does not escape in time by using the screwdriver on the vent nearby, the player will be unable to escape, causing Vanny to attack the player. However, even after escaping, Vanny will advance by continually roaming the atrium of the Pizzaplex. Whenever Vanny is near, Gregory's vision and hearing will distort. It is unclear if this is due to a special ability of Vanny's or simply just a stylistic design. The possibility of this could be a Animatronic Transmitter Earpiece in her mask that interferes with animatronic optic sensors, allowing her to briskly wander past the other animatronics, as when Gregory asks Glamrock Freddy if he saw her which he replies that he didn't.
Vanny makes appearances in various other events. These include:
- If the player takes too long to allow Glamrock Freddy through the doors after acquiring the showtime disk from the backstage security room. Her appearing on the screens as the event starts also has her say she is coming for Gregory, which is what the event will lead to if Freddy cannot get there in time (this is marked by the timer visible during that segment).
- After starting the showtime disk in the sound booth.
- At the end of the Dumpster Diving mission, spawning behind Gregory after he climbs up the stairs to return to the S.T.A.F.F. Bot Silo.
- During the Vanny option used to obtain either the Disassembled or Savior Endings, she can be found in Fazer Blast, due to Fazer Blast being the location of her lair.
- She will sometimes appear on screens around the Pizzaplex while saying, "Are you having fun yet?"
She will normally move towards Gregory with a slow, nonchalant skip, but if Gregory is too close, she will sprint toward him. If Gregory attempts to blind her with the Fazerblaster or Faz Camera, she will turn her head and be effectively immune to their effects.
Theories and Speculations
|"I was the first! I have seen everything!"
This section archives a lot of theories and speculation, which usually occurs from pre-release media, or just things that are still unknown, so please keep that in mind while reading. The page will continue to be updated with the most accurate information as more solid evidence is supplied.
It is heavily implied that Vanny and Vanessa are the same person with Glitchtrap controlling her, resulting in a Vanny alter-ego. However, there is evidence that both supports and conflicts with this conclusion.
- The name Vanny seems to be a portmanteau of Vanessa and Bunny, a fact called out by Glamrock Freddy if the player discovered Vanny's hideout in FazerBlast. While some people believe that to be evidence for Vanessa being Vanny, others see it as too shallow of a connection as the name is too incriminating for Vanessa.
- Vanny and Vanessa are never seen in the same place at the same time.
- In the scrapped Survival Mode for the game, Vanessa would hunt Gregory. Eventually, a meter would fill and the game would replace Vanessa with Vanny. Fans who have dug into the game's code to make some of these feature work have used No Clip to see that Vanessa and Vanny cannot exist at the same time in this mode.
- This theory was initially believed to have been confirmed by one of the game's alternate endings where the player exits via the fire escape at the Prize Counter. In this ending, Freddy tackles Vanny off the building and they both die upon hitting the ground. Gregory unmasks Vanny to see a young woman with blonde hair and ponytail bearing a strong resemblance to Vanessa. But, in the post-credits scene of said ending, Vanessa is shown on top of the burning PizzaPlex, leaving it unclear whether Vanny and Vanessa are truly the same person.
- Some believe that the post-credits scene is actually Vanessa's soul looking down at herself.
- The Retro CDs that can be found during 6:00AM contain recordings with a series of therapists. The numbering on the CDs indicate there are two patients - Patient 71 and Patient 46. Patient 71 is easily made out to be Vanessa. Patient 46 does not speak and does not have their name spoken during these recordings. But given CDs' narrative significance and the fact that patient 46 seems to be opposite Vanessa in every way, it is commonly believed that Patient 46 is Vanny.
- It is possible that, if Vanessa does suffer from dissociative identity disorder, then the recordings were numbered by which alter was meeting with the therapist that day.
- In the game's code, there are "shattered" version of all the animatronics listed. These shattered versions are those used after the boss fights, such as blind Roxy and legless Monty. Vanessa also has a "shattered" variant - Vanny. There is currently no explanation where or how this would have been used.
- Despite Vanny initially being referred to as "Reluctant Follower", meaning a person who unwillingly follows one's commands, Vanny doesn't seem to take commands reluctantly. This could mean that "Reluctant Follower" was the first stage of when Glitchtrap was corrupting Vanny.
- Yet, it is still unknown how Vanny was able to get fully manipulated and corrupted to become as sinister and evil as Glitchtrap.
- However it was confirmed that Vanny is the protagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted, meaning that she was corrupted when Glitchtrap attempted to take control of her body. Although he failed, he may have been at least influential on her due to the merge being semi-complete.
- Vanny could have also been influenced by Glitchtrap's motives, and wanting to become immortal like he did.
- Vanny is the fourth human character in the franchise to have merchandise based on her, the other three being the Five Nights at Freddy's 8-bit Mcfarlane toys of William Afton, Michael Afton, and the Crying Child from Five Nights at Freddy's 4.
- The Vanny rabbit costume may in reference to the Killer Rabbit.
Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted
- The character's name is shown on voices.com where her voice actress posted a feedback to Scott Cawthon's page.
- Vanny's rabbit mask is referred to as "
strangemask" in the files.
- In Flat Mode, Vanny's voice can only be triggered at the Prize Counter. In order to trigger the voice, the player must immediately pick up the Glitchtrap plush after pressing the Prize Counter button.
- It is also possible to throw the Glitchtrap plush across the hub area, making it reachable from the Prize Counter.
Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
- She is the first living human of the entire franchise to jumpscare the player, as normally only animatronics have this role.
- As shown on Vanny's teaser "OBEY" and other teasers/posters linking to Security Breach. It is unknown why she's wearing a different outfit, apart from the mask in Help Wanted.
- Although it's implied that Vanny may have made her own disguise.
- It is possible to free Vanny from Glitchtrap's control, have her sanity regained and turn her good, but this is only possible through the Savior ending of the game.
- Despite being the main antagonist of the game, it is extremely rare for her to appear during gameplay.
- Although according to the debug menu, there was originally a "Vanny meter", a mechanic that, once the meter was filled up, would spawn Vanny (if the player stayed in one room for too long), but this feature was scrapped during development. The meter can appear with a debug tool, but it can only turn Vanessa into Vanny.
- She has two handprints on the back of her mask and one on the back of her torso.
|"Yes, I hear you. I know... No. There's no miscommunication... I understand... Yes, I have it. I made it myself. I think you would like it... No, no one suspects anything... Don't worry, I'll be ready, and I won't let you down. It will be fun."|
|"Are you having fun yet?"|
|"There you are."|
|"See you soon."|
The audio is loud and/or startling!
|The sound made when Vanny attacks the player.|
The audio is loud and/or startling!
|The scream Vanny emits when jumpscaring the player in the trailer.|
|Main Five Nights at Freddy's Series Characters|