||"Oh, birthday boy! Get ready for a surpriiiise!"|
Remain mindful that the page may contain huge details considered as spoilers! If you are new to anything, like if you have not played the game or read the book yet, please read at your own risk!
“It will be fun.”
Vanny is an unseen character whose voice is first heard at in the Curse of Dreadbear DLC from Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted, and an upcoming character in Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach.
It's currently unclear if she is either the main protagonist of the VR game, or a different character entirely.
While not appearing physically, Vanny's voice can only be heard. In order to hear it, the player must:
- Obtain Glitchtrap's plush after collecting 16 Tapes in the basic hub's levels.
- Obtain the grinning white rabbit mask from the cellar while completing the Afraid of the Dark mode's "Corn Maze" level from the Curse of Dreadbear hub.
Back in the main area of the Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience, the rabbit mask will be found in the Prize Counter. The player must wear the mask and hold the Glitchtrap plush to hear the voice. While holding the plush, Vanny can be heard saying the following:
“Yes, I hear you. I know... No. There’s no miscommunication... I understand... Yes, I have it. I made it myself. I think you would like it... No, no one suspects anything... Don’t worry, I’ll be ready, and I won’t let you down. It will be fun.”
|"I was the first! I have seen everything!"|
This article or section contains a lot of speculation, which usually occurs from pre-release media, or just things that are still unknown, so please keep that in mind while reading. The page will continue to be updated with the most accurate information as more solid evidence is supplied.
Stay the course.
Focus on my voice.
Don't let anyone lead you astray.
Have you selected one?
Assuming all this is related, fans have drawn a few popular, though yet unproven, conclusions, including:
- Reluctant Follower's name is Vanessa, with Vanny being a nickname for them.
- It is possible that Vanny is a portmanteau of "Vanessa" and "Bunny."
- In Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery, a character called "Ness" was introduced. Ness has been stated to search disturbing content, such as subjects related to torture, "self-compliance", and "help". It is possible that she may actually be the Vanny, and the name "Ness" is an alias.
- Reluctant Follower is the player's character in Help Wanted and the heard dialogue is the player speaking to someone.
- Vanny is sometimes thought to be Tape Girl.
- This is easily disproven due to Reluctant Follower and Tape Girl having different voice actresses.
- Vanny is part of a cult that has William Afton as its central figure.
- This idea is hard to support as the only known member of the supposed cult would be Vanny with Jeremy being another potential member, though evidence of that is weak.
- Vanny is a protege of William Afton who will continue his killings after he's gone.
- Vanny sent the materials to Silver Parasol Games to allow Glitchtrap to appear in the game and allow him to escape into someone else's body, effectively reviving William Afton.
- This hinges on Glitchtrap truly being William Afton or some recreation of him.
- The character's name is shown on voices.com where her voice actress posted a feedback to Scott Cawthon's page.
- Vanny's rabbit mask is referred as "
strangemask" in the files.
- In Flat Mode, Vanny's voice can only be triggered at the Prize Counter. In order to trigger the voice, the player must immediately pick up the Glitchtrap plush after pressing the Prize Counter button.