- Not what you were looking for? See Animatronic (disambiguation).
“On Night 4, we learn the restaurant is being investigated and may need to close temporarily, as someone seems to have tampered with the animatronics' facial recognition systems.”
The toy animatronics are improved versions of the original animatronics, designed by Fazbear Entertainment to replace the withered animatronics for the re-opening of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza until November 1987.
The toy animatronics debut in Five Nights at Freddy's 2 as the main antagonists (along with the withereds), then later appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 3 and Five Nights at Freddy's 4 as cameos, and returned in Ultimate Custom Night, Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted, and Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery.
Hence their name, their suit material appears to be made plastic, as if they were a life-sized toy. While all models notably sport round rosy cheeks, the toy animatronics based on the original cast has bigger eyes, fully functional fingers, wedge-shaped feet, eyelashes, and facial appearance in a reminiscent of a ventriloquist doll.
Similar to the old withered animatronics, they share the same endoskeleton (except for the Puppet, Balloon Boy, and JJ), which is Endo-02, however none of them are visibly seen except for Mangle.
Among their main modifications, the toy animatronics were implemented with an advanced mobility and facial recognition systems, and supposedly walk freely during the day. They are linked to a criminal database, in order to protect children from a possible predator a mile away. The toy animatronics also have interaction towards the places through sounds.
Due to facial recognition system malfunctions, the toy animatronics behave differently towards children and adults; they interact normally with children, while simply staring at adults. They also behave nearly aggressively towards the staff members.
|Toy Freddy||Freddy Fazbear||The vocalist and main mascot of 1987's Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. He resides on the Show Stage, between Toy Bonnie and Toy Chica.|
|Toy Bonnie||Bonnie||The guitarist of the band. He resides on the Show Stage to the right of Toy Freddy.|
|Toy Chica||Chica||The back-up singer of the band with her companion being Toy Cupcake. She resides on the Show Stage to the left of Toy Freddy.|
|The Mangle||Foxy||A heavily damaged animtronic repurposed as a "take apart and put back together attraction". It resides in Kid's Cove.|
|Balloon Boy||N/A||A humanoid animatronic and a balloon vendor. He resides in the Game Area.|
|JJ||Balloon Boy||First appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, where she occasionally appears under the office desk.|
|The Puppet||N/A||A puppet-like animatronic designed to give gifts to children. It resides in the Prize Corner.|
- Dee Dee has a design identical of a Toy Animatronic, but despite that, she was based from the Toys from FNaF World.
- The Puppet, Balloon Boy and Mangle are the only animatronics that may have not originally belonged to the toy lineup. The Puppet's origins may possibly even go back to the original Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, while the Mangle is given the "funtime" moniker. Balloon Boy's nightmare counterpart, Nightmare Balloon Boy, is confirmed to be canon to the gameplay of Five Nights at Freddy's 4.
- They coincidentally are the only "toy" animatronics to receive several counterparts.
- Balloon Boy is the only toy animatronic from the novel trilogy's alternate universe. Mangle also appears in the trilogy, but is part of the Funtime lineup.
- ↑ "They've spent a small fortune on these new animatronics, uh, facial recognition, advanced mobility, they even let them walk around during the day. Isn't that neat? But most importantly, they're all tied into some kind of criminal database, so they can detect a predator a mile away. Heck, we should be paying them to guard you." - Phone Guy's 1st phone call, Five Nights at Freddy's 2
- ↑ "But the characters have been acting very unusual, almost aggressive towards the staff. They interact with the kids just fine, but when they encounter an adult, they just... stare." - Phone Guy's 4th phone call, Five Nights at Freddy's 2