- Not what you were looking for? See Freddy (disambiguation)
The Freddy Files: Updated Edition is an expanded guidebook detailing information and guides for the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise, that was published on June 25, 2019. It is a second version of The Freddy Files.
The bestselling Freddy Files is back, now updated with 64 pages of new content!
The bestselling, official guidebook to Five Nights at Freddy's is back, now updated and including 64 pages of new content exploring Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator and Ultimate Custom Night!
In this official guidebook to Five Night at Freddy's, fans and gamers alike can immerse themselves in the series' mythology, gameplay, and secrets as we unwind the twisted mysteries hidden at the heart of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Delving into each game, players can map the animatronics' paths, learn how timed elements of the games work, and discover how to trigger unique events. Special sections throughout highlight Freddy's fans' most talked-about theories, from the identities of the "Bite of '83 and '87" victims to the history of Henry and William Afton to the recurring hallucinations of "it's me." All the evidence, along with every detail of the games, books, and more, is laid out for fans to explore in this one-of-a-kind guide to the warped world of Five Nights at Freddy's.
The book is the same like the original The Freddy Files book, except it was upgraded with new information, guides, and strategies related to the latest media like Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator, Ultimate Custom Night, the The Fourth Closet novel, and the Survival Logbook, along with other updated information. Updated with 64 pages, the book contains a total of 224 pages and 8 chapters.
Throughout the book, it talks about various pieces of the Five Nights at Freddy's media. The full list can be found here:
- Five Nights at Freddy's - Pages 4 through 25
- Five Nights at Freddy's 2 - Pages 26 through 53
- Five Nights at Freddy's 3 - Pages 54 through 83
- Five Nights at Freddy's 4 - Pages 84 through 111
- Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location - Pages 112 through 141
- Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator - Pages 142 through 171
- Ultimate Custom Night - Pages 172 through 207
- Books - Pages 208 through 223
The last page features LadyFiszi's artwork of a massively-damaged animatronic resembling Springtrap, with a mass of glitching static from his left side. This was teasing the story In the Flesh from Fazbear Frights #5: Bunny Call.
The book's reception is largely mixed. While the Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator and Ultimate Custom Night pages were filled with misleading errors (all of which can be seen here), another main criticism by fans is that the book contain a big number of stolen fan model renders for the Ultimate Custom Night map's page, as all can be seen here. Scott Cawthon confirmed that he will work with Scholastic to fix them.
- On page 165, one of the Security Puppet minigame screenshots was taken from Skype, as noticed by the watermark from the top right corner.
- Due to criticisms, the book was re-released with an updated version. This update fixes almost every notable errors and replaced all of the fan renders from the Ultimate Custom Night map page with pre-existing official icons. However, there are still some errors found, such as Scraptrap's icon reusing Springtrap's. Such errors were later fixed for the book's second re-release.
- Golden Freddy's name was mistakenly misspelled as "Godlen Freddy".
- One of the screenshots shows the player having 10,000 points, which is impossible to have ingame (because if the player selects the one companion that which grants them this amount of points, XOR will add more animatronics to the night).
- Originally from the book's old edition, the page that quotes William Afton's springlock failure death description from The Silver Eyes was removed.