“Because every franchise needs a multiverse!”
The Fazbear Fanverse Initiative, also known simply as the Fazbear Fanverse, is a collaboration by Scott Cawthon and creators of popular Five Nights at Freddy's fan games, first announced on August 21, 2020.
This project is, in Cawthon's own words, "a giant collaboration involving several fangame creators who have made some of the most popular fangames over the years here in the community. It's a project that's designed to invest into those franchises, give back to the developers, and hopefully bring new entries to those franchises as well!".
Cawthon's goal with this project is to support creators of some of the most popular Five Nights at Freddy's-inspired fangames out there. As such, he will help fund the development of new games for these series. Along with that, some older games in the various series will be remade due to the use of assets that were either copyrighted or made by uninvolved people. This must be done for another part of the project: releasing these series for sale on console and mobile devices in series bundles. Series involved may also end up producing toys and other merchandise. More series may be added to the project in the future depending on the success of the initial releases. As far as Cawthon's involvement, he said he is simply funding everything and letting the creators work on their projects and interact with the community at large as they normally would. The games in the Fazbear Fanverse, are not canon to the story of the original Five Nights at Freddy's series.
List of Related Projects
Below is a list of currently announced projects involved.
- Emil will be making Five Nights at Candy's 4
- Nikson will be making The Joy of Creation: Ignited Collection
- Kane will be making POPGOES Evergreen
- Jonochrome will be making One Night at Flumpty's 3
- Phisnom will be making a remake/re-imagining of the first Five Nights at Freddy's game, named Five Nights at Freddy's Plus.
There are currently 5 fan-games involved in this project as an initiative.
Five Nights at Candy's 4
- For more information on the Five Nights at Candy's series, click here.
Note: The game does not have a confirmed name, and Five Nights at Candy's 4 is only a working title.
Five Nights at Candy's 4 is a upcoming fan-game developed by Emil Macko. Five Nights at Candy's 4 will be the fourth and last game of the Five Nights at Candy's series, and Forgotten Candy is confirmed to be the main antagonist of the game.
The previously released FNaC games, as well as FNaC 4, will be officially ported to consoles and mobiles sometime in the future and FNaC 4 will still be released on Game Jolt for free.
The Joy of Creation: Ignited Collection
- For more information on The Joy of Creation series, click here.
The Joy of Creation: Ignited Collection is an upcoming fan-game bundle developed by Nikson and is expected to be released in 2021 . The collection includes complete remakes of the three TJoC games, including the original, Reborn, and story mode.
The Ignited Collection is a complete remake of three TJoC games. That includes the original, reborn as well as story mode. They will be remade from the ground up, which means new assets, new gameplay, new everything.
Nikson is planning on bundling them all into one application and having the player be able to play them in any order they like. The original TJoC as well as Reborn will keep their arcade-like gameplay style, mostly focusing on high-scores instead of an actual solid ending.
- For more information on the POPGOES series, click here.
POPGOES Evergreen is a upcoming fan-game developed by Kane Carter. It is a reboot of the POPGOES series that treats only POPGOES Arcade 2020 Edition and itself as canon. It presumably will be released on Game Jolt in 2021.
A bundle is presumed to be released on consoles and mobile, consisting of POPGOES Arcade 2020 Edition and POPGOES Evergreen. A new teaser for POPGOES Evergreen shows the animatronic Stone the Crow.
One Night at Flumpty's 3
- For more information on the One Night at Flumpty's series, click here.
One Night at Flumpty's 3 is a upcoming fan-game developed by Jonochrome. Is the latest and possibly last installment of the One Night at Flumpty's series, released five years after the last game.
A bundle of the One Night at Flumpty's series consisting of the series will be released on consoles and mobiles. As part of a bundle, One Night at Flumpty's 1 and 2 is updated as well, the copyrighted characters in the game is removed or replaced by Jonochrome's Riddle School characters (another game series he made) and a Hard Boiled Mode is included as well.  On October 31, 2020, the Android port for the first game was released.
On November 7th, 2020, Jonochrome revealed on Twitter that One Night at Flumpty's 3 was "more or less finished", and that he was currently waiting for the ports to be finished.
Five Nights at Freddy's Plus
An upcoming official non-canon remake of Five Nights at Freddy's will be developed by Phil Morg, a.k.a Phisnom, the developer of FNaF fan-games A Shadow Over Freddy's and Porkchop's Horror Show.
On August 28, the name was revealed via a retweet from the game's official Twitter account.. On September 12, a teaser trailer was released. Later, on January 19, 2021, three new teaser trailers, as well as a secret fourth trailer, were released.
|The following information contains spoilers. To view them, click the [show] tag.|
- This is the first time ever where Scott is collaborating with creators who created popular Five Nights at Freddy's fan games.
- It's implied that Scott may continue collaborating with more fan game creators.
- Phisnom had another Five Nights at Freddy's fan game, called Another FNAF Fangame: Open Source, although Scott took it down from GameJolt for using it as a replica to Five Nights at Freddy's 2, but despite that Scott was very impressed with it.
- Phisnom stated on his Reddit account that the game at some point will be added back to GameJolt, however it will have some differences compared to the original concept.
- The trailer for the mobile ports of One Night at Flumpty's was released early on the official Clickteam LLC YouTube channel on October 27, 2020.
- Reddit - The Fazbear Fanverse Initiative!
- Reddit - My update on AFF:OS/FNAF2:OS and the Fazbear Fanverse Initiative.
- The FNAC Series is officially coming to consoles and mobiles!
- The Joy of Creation - Ignited Collection
- Reddit - POPGOES Evergreen teaser
- Youtube - One Night at Flumpty's 3 news
- Twitter - ONAF3 Update
- Twitter - FNaF Plus
- Twitter - New Popgoes design