Tape Girl has not been given an official name; as such, this name is purely conjectural. However, it will be used until an official name is released.
||"Oh, birthday boy! Get ready for a surpriiiise!"|
Remain mindful that this page may contains spoilers for related material. If you are new to anything, like if you have not played the game or read the book yet, please read at your own risk!
|"I was the first! I have seen everything!"|
This article or section contains a lot of speculation, which usually occurs from pre-release media, or just things that are still unknown, so please keep that in mind while reading. The page will continue to be updated with the most accurate information as more solid evidence is supplied.
“Hello. You don’t know me. I'd created a series of logs for you documenting the troubled development of this VR game that you’re now testing in hopes that you, whoever you are, and whatever team you are with, will abandon development.”
Tape Girl is an unseen character who was a developer for The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience. However, given the unknown malicious code in the game, she left secret logs in the game in hopes it would be dealt with at a later time.
Tape Girl is only heard through recordings left in the Tape Room that must be found throughout the Virtual Experience. She is precautionary and left the recordings away from the core game files in a place only a beta tester would find them. She did this as a way to tell later development teams about a malicious code in the game in hopes that it would be removed before being released to the public.
The Tape Room can be unlocked by hitting the tape placed on a shelf in Prize Counter with any droppable item. Once unlocked, it can be accessed through the tape player placed above the smaller monitor in the level select room in Blacklight Mode.
The Tape Room is mostly just darkness, with a desk in the center. On that desk, there is a shelf in front of the player where the tapes collected are stored. The player can listen to them with the tape player right beside the shelf. On the right, there is a button to return to the main room.
- FNAF 2 (VR) is the only game mode without a Tape.
- In earlier versions of the game, a tape would sit on the floor next to the box to the right of the player.
- Very rarely, Glitchtrap can appear behind the player in the Tape Room, either waving or keeping his arms at his sides.
- The tape player used to listen to the tapes is labeled as a Tony Runner, which is a parody of the popular Sony Walkman tape player.
- Tape Girl is the only source in-game to give Glitchtrap any sort of name, referring to him frequently as "the anomaly".
- Tape Girl has mentions "Jeremy" multiple times in different Tapes. This could refer to the night guard Jeremy Fitzgerald, though some dialogue suggests otherwise.