|"I was the first! I have seen everything!"
This section archives a lot of theories and speculation, which usually occurs from pre-release media, or just things that are still unknown, so please keep that in mind while reading. The page will continue to be updated with the most accurate information as more solid evidence is supplied.
- Not what you were looking for? See Spring Bonnie (disambiguation).
Spring Bonnie, occasionally spelled Springbonnie, was the earliest iteration of Bonnie and was an entertainer in Fredbear's Family Diner, along with the diner's mascot Fredbear. They made their debut in Five Nights at Freddy's 3.
Spring Bonnie is most notable for being one of the few mascots to have animatronic suit hybrids, known as Springlock suits - as well as the main persona William Afton used for luring children during his killing sprees. A Spring Bonnie suit was also sealed in the safe room within Freddy Fazbear's Pizza after the incident of springlock failures from the "sister location". It was used one final time when Afton used to suit to hide from his past victims, however the faulty mechanisms malfunctioned, causing the compressed endoskeleton to impale and kill Afton from within. Though deceased, Afton would return decades years later, his spirit merged with the Spring Bonnie animatronic to become Springtrap.
Spring Bonnie was a yellow rabbit animatronic bearing an appearance similar to Bonnie. They wore a purple bowtie and two black buttons, although they are occasionally depicted wearing no bowtie at all.
In Five Nights at Freddy's: The Ultimate Guide, Spring Bonnie's model is shown to have main dark golden color with lighter butter yellow shades for the ear insides, muzzles, and stomach, and has a yellow eye color.
Five Nights at Freddy's 3
Besides Springtrap's appearance, Spring Bonnie appears in the Stage01 minigame, and when Phone Guy mentions them in his training tapes.
Five Nights at Freddy's 4
Spring Bonnie exclusively appears in the fourth game's end-of-night minigames which are unlocked after beating each night, found within the old diner. A Spring Bonnie suit worn by an employee can be seen in the backstage. In the minigame after beating Night 5, during the Bite of '83 incident, a Spring Bonnie animatronic is seen on stage next to Fredbear.
Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator
Spring Bonnie (as a suit, worn by William Afton) is seen briefly at the end of the Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator's Fruity Maze Arcade minigame. William Afton also returned as Springtrap, with the Spring Bonnie suit being even more decayed than before.
Ultimate Custom Night
Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted
The main antagonist of Help Wanted is Glitchtrap, a digital version of William Afton, who wears a Spring Bonnie mascot suit.
Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
Advertising posters of Fredbear's Family Diner featuring Spring Bonnie and Fredbear can be found as collectibles in various locations inside Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex. Glitchtrap's data would be transferred by Vanny into a heavily tattered and burnt Spring Bonnie suit containing the remains of Afton’s human corpse, now referred to as Burntrap. He only appears in the "Canon Ending".
- As Spring Bonnie is normally depicted in an 8-bit form, as seen in the minigames throughout the FNaF series, only 2 depictions of their actual body are known to exist. their appearance as seen in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator, when playing Fruity Maze for the 3rd time, when they are standing behind a little girl named Susie, whose appearance is reflected by the game screen, and the photo of Spring Bonnie's unused model from Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted.
- Based on the alternate promotional teaser of Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted, Spring Bonnie was initially planned to appear in the game in their usual animatronic form, but their design was changed to a regular costume resulting in the design of Glitchtrap.
- This is further supported in the level select icon for the Pizza Party level contains the shadow of a rabbit with segmented ears, suggesting that Spring Bonnie may have been planned to appear in the level before they were allegedly remodeled.
- One of their occlusion roughness textures can also be found in the game's files.
- From Five Nights at Freddy's: The Ultimate Guide, Spring Bonnie's unused Help Wanted model image can be found in the animatronic inventory section (albeit in a T-pose with only his head, torso and forearms being visible).
- Spring Bonnie's design from the first Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted teaser appears to be a traced model of Spring Bonnie as he appears in the FNaF fangame, POPGOES Memories, as proved upon comparison.
- "Hello? Hello? Um, this is just a reminder of company policy concerning the safe room. The safe room is reserved for equipment and/or other property not being currently used and is, in fact, a safety location for employees only. This is not a break room, and should not be considered a place for employees to hide and/or congregate - and under no circumstance should a customer ever be taken into this room and out of the main show area. Management has also been made aware that the Spring Bonnie animatronic has been noticeably moved. We would like to remind employees that this costume is not safe to wear under any circumstances. Thank you and remember to smile; you are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza." - Phone Guy, Night 5, Five Nights at Freddy's 3
- "Uh, hello? Hello, hello! Uh, there's been a slight change of company policy concerning use of the suits. Um, don't. After learning of an unfortunate incident at the sister location, involving multiple and simultaneous spring lock failures, the company has deemed the suits temporarily unfit for employees. Safety is our top priority at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, which is why the classic suits are being retired to an appropriate location, while being looked at by our technician. Until replacements arrive, you'll be expected to wear the temporary costumes provided to you. Keep in mind that they were found on very short notice, so questions about appropriateness/relevance should be deflected. I repeat, the classic suits are not to be touched, activated or worn. That being said, we are free of liability, do as you wish. As always, remember to smile; you are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza." - Phone Guy, Night 4, Five Nights at Freddy's 3