|"I was the first! I have seen everything!"|
This article or section contains a lot of speculation, which usually occurs from pre-release media, or just things that are still unknown, so please keep that in mind while reading. The page will continue to be updated with the most accurate information as more solid evidence is supplied.
- Not what you were looking for? See Spring Bonnie (disambiguation).
Spring Bonnie is the earliest generation of Bonnie and an entertainer of Fredbear's Family Diner, along with the diner's mascot Fredbear. Despite his lack of physical appearance in the main gameplay of the series, he has made cameos in some games, mainly minigames. He is one of the few robotic hybrids of both an animatronic and a wearable springlock suit. A Spring Bonnie suit is worn by William Afton, and was used for luring the young victims during his killing sprees. The suit was also sealed in the safe room within Freddy Fazbear's Pizza after the incident of springlock failures from the "sister location". The suit was used one final time when William tried to get away from the ghosts of his victims he murdered years ago. When he wore the suit, this quickly leads to his gruesome demise, causing both himself and the Spring Bonnie suit to become Springtrap 30 years later after the former's reanimation.
Spring Bonnie is a rabbit animatronic bearing an appearance similar to Bonnie. His suit is faintly golden in color with light-green tints, as well as a lighter color from the ear insides and stomach plate. From the chest, he wore a purple bowtie and two black buttons underneath.
Five Nights at Freddy's 3
Besides Springtrap's appearance, Spring Bonnie appears in the Stage01 minigame, and when Phone Guy mentions him in his training tapes.
Five Nights at Freddy's 4
Spring Bonnie exclusively appears in the fourth game's end-of-night minigames which are unlocked after beating each night, found within the old diner. A Spring Bonnie suit worn by an employee with William Afton and the mask in the backstage location can be seen. In the minigame after beating Night 5, during the Bite of '83 incident, Spring Bonnie's animatronic mode is seen on stage during the entertainment with Fredbear.
Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator
Spring Bonnie (as a suit, worn by William Afton) is seen briefly at the end of the Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator's Fruity Maze Arcade minigame, where he is shown standing next to the weeping girl, named Susie, from the right. Besides this, Spring Bonnie also appeared in the same minigame but barely did anything to affect the player.
Ultimate Custom Night
Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted
Spring Bonnie was supposed to appear in the game, but was cut for unknown reasons. However a felt costume version of Spring Bonnie appears in the game by the name of Glitchtrap, who is implied to be William Afton's ghost.
- Based on the alternate promotional teaser of Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted, Spring Bonnie was initially planned to legitimately appear in the virtual-reality game in his usual springlock suit form but it's implied his design was changed to a regular costume resulting in the design of Glitchtrap.
- This is further supported in the level select icon for the Pizza Party level contains the shadow of a rabbit with segmented ears, suggesting that Spring Bonnie may have been planned to appear in the level before he was supposedly remodeled.
- One of his occlusion roughness textures can also be found in the game's files.
- Spring Bonnie's design from the earlier version of the Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted game teaser appears to be traced from his own model in the FNaF fangame POPGOES Memories, as proved upon comparison.
- "Hello? Hello? Um, this is just a reminder of company policy concerning the safe room. The safe room is reserved for equipment and/or other property not being currently used and is, in fact, a safety location for employees only. This is not a break room, and should not be considered a place for employees to hide and/or congregate - and under no circumstance should a customer ever be taken into this room and out of the main show area. Management has also been made aware that the Spring Bonnie animatronic has been noticeably moved. We would like to remind employees that this costume is not safe to wear under any circumstances. Thank you and remember to smile; you are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza." - Phone Guy, Night 5, Five Nights at Freddy's 3
- "Uh, hello? Hello, hello! Uh, there's been a slight change of company policy concerning use of the suits. Um, don't. After learning of an unfortunate incident at the sister location, involving multiple and simultaneous spring lock failures, the company has deemed the suits temporarily unfit for employees. Safety is our top priority at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, which is why the classic suits are being retired to an appropriate location, while being looked at by our technician. Until replacements arrive, you'll be expected to wear the temporary costumes provided to you. Keep in mind that they were found on very short notice, so questions about appropriateness/relevance should be deflected. I repeat, the classic suits are not to be touched, activated or worn. That being said, we are free of liability, do as you wish. As always, remember to smile; you are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza." - Phone Guy, Night 4, Five Nights at Freddy's 3