Contains content deemed as not canon to the overall lore
- Not what you were looking for? See Custom Night (disambiguation).
“Are you ready for round two?”
The Custom Night Mode is a free "DLC"-type update for Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location that was patched in December 1, 2016, updating the game to v1.1.
A new game mode, Custom Night, is featured. It is unlocked when achieving both endings ("Real Ending" and "Fake Ending") while completing Circus Baby's death minigame successfully to earn three stars. The mode is completely not canon to the story mode's plotline.
While Circus Baby and Ennard lacks their appearance, the existing characters in the Custom Night include: Ballora, Funtime Freddy, Yenndo, Funtime Foxy, Bidybab, Lolbit, and Minireena (with two different AIs). Some brand-new characters are introduced:
- Bonnet - A pink, female counterpart of Bon-Bon.
- Electrobab - A slightly darker counterpart of Bidybab, who's able to control electricity.
The Custom Night mode's difficulty setting ranges: "Easy", "Normal", "Hard", and "V. Hard". There are at least 10 challenge modes to beat:
- Angry Ballet
- Freddy & Co.
- Funtime Frenzy
- Dolls, Attack!
- Girls' Night
- Top Shelf
- Bottom Shelf
- Cupcake Challenge
- Golden Freddy
The end-of-night minigame cutscenes (which are canon) are also featured, unlocked by completing each challenge in V. Hard difficulty (albeit Golden Freddy mode). The cutscenes reveal the aftermath of the "Real Ending", where Michael Afton (with Ennard wearing in the inside) slowly decays in progressing days until in the final cutscene where Michael becomes completely purple as Ennard's remains depart from his decaying body. By completing Golden Freddy mode, the final cutscene, where Michael speaks to his father William, will play.
The update's production was announced on October 17, 2016, with the following release of the first teaser. The second teaser was uploaded on November 28, 2016, revealing the free update's release date.
Upon the update's release on December 1, 2016, Scott states that the Golden Freddy mode is left locked in order to spend more time fixing the issues. The next day on December 2nd, the Golden Freddy mode is unlocked in v1.11. On December 3rd, the v1.12 update gives more power to play through the Golden Freddy mode, and added a final cutscene when the mode is beaten.
- This feature has few notable differences from the original version of mobile port.
- The first teaser showcases Bon-Bon in the vents with Bidybab, supposedly meant to have Bon-Bon becoming active at the vents instead of going through the opened doors via Funtime Freddy's command. This was likely scrapped in-game.
- Custom Night: Coming Soon! October 17, 2016. Steam
- "I left Golden Freddy Mode locked to give myself time to fix any problems that might have come up today. I will unlock it tomorrow!" - Custom Night is Here! (v1.1). December 1, 2016. Steam
- Golden Freddy Mode Unlocked! December 2, 2016. Steam
- Golden Freddy Update is Live! December 3, 2016. Steam