The Show Stage is a location in Five Nights at Freddy's within Freddy Fazbear's Pizza and the default focus of the Monitor. It is also the starting location for Freddy Fazbear and his bandmates, Bonnie and Chica.
It is located in front of the Dining Area, where the titular Freddy Fazbear and his friends play music during the day for children and adults alike.
In Five Nights at Freddy's 2, during the cutscenes in between nights, the player sees the pizzeria from the perspective of the Show Stage, through Freddy's eyes.
The visible parts of the Show Stage seems to be the corner of a room which houses the three animatronic characters and is assumed to be the stage that they play on during the day. On the wall behind them are some sort of circular decorations that resemble clouds and stars. There is a black and white checkered strip of wallpaper outlined in red on the wall, as well.
The floor is not visible during gameplay or at the end of the game when Mike Schmidt receives his check. However, a close look at the trailer reveals what could be a wooden floor although this could just be more of the light brick wall returning under the checkers.
The Show Stage is occupied by Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie, and Chica.
Bonnie and Chica are the first to leave the stage, with Bonnie being the first in earlier nights. Freddy, however, will not leave the stage until Night 3. Also, on any night, Freddy can stare into the camera while on the Show Stage, albeit quite rarely, for this only occurs when Chica and Bonnie have left the stage.
- In the trailer, Bonnie, Chica, and Freddy were seen facing the camera all at once. This only occurs very rarely in-game, but it can happen, similar to that of the unused masks Backstage facing towards the player by chance. The best way to see this occurrence is to check the Show Stage very often, preferably on 0/0/0/0 mode in the Custom Night.
- The Show Stage and The Office are the only areas where more than one animatronic can be seen together.
- When an animatronic leaves the room, the two remaining have minor changes, such as different positions or the direction in which they are facing.
- Freddy's jaw closes, he faces to the right more, and his eyes becoming glossy-black possessing white pupils.
- Chica's beak closes and she now has eyes glossy-black.
- Bonnie's entire right half becomes invisible, and he has eyes similar to his eyeless screen. Oddly, he does not change direction though.
- The room itself also seems to change once an animatronic leaves, as many of the background details seem to disappear, like the cloud decoration behind Bonnie.
- Once an animatronic leaves the Show Stage, they will not return to this room until the player is killed or they move on to the next night. That being said, it is a waste of time to check this room if all the animatronics have left, or if Freddy is the only one present on the first two nights.
- Freddy cannot leave the Show Stage until Bonnie and Chica have left, even if his A.I. level is set to 20 while Bonnie and Chica are at 0 on the Custom Night.
- Oddly, the walls of the Show Stage are drastically different from their appearance in the trailer.
- There is also a lack of a jukebox behind Chica.
It is the default camera feed when the Monitor is raised, from Night 1 to Night 6 and is the starting location for Toy Freddy, Toy Bonnie, and Toy Chica, much like Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica from the first game.
The Show Stage appears to have a wide construction, with multiple small, star-shaped decorations hanging from the ceiling.
Behind the toy animatronics is a large, colorful banner, hanging from the ceiling which reads "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" in large, red letters, with white colored outlines. The floor of the Show Stage is never shown, although it can be assumed to have the same black-white checkered tile pattern that the rest of the pizzeria has, as the room is directly connected to the Game Area.
Cutscenes are brief visions that occur before playing certain nights in the second game, for a total of four cutscenes. The player impersonates Freddy Fazbear, presumably in the restaurant from the first game, as the settings and the animatronics' designs match.
In the first cutscene, which occurs upon launching the game for the first time, the player incarnating Freddy Fazbear will twist his head from side to side, looking at Bonnie and Chica. The animatronics are in their normal positions, with Bonnie staring into space and Chica standing eyeless and idle. In the background, the robotic sound of Freddy's head as he is rotating can be heard, as well as the eerie laughter of children. About 15 seconds into the cutscene, the children's' laughter will gradually get louder and a static sound is played, only for the screen to glitch out and eventually turn black, with the word "err" in the top left corner.
In the second cutscene, which occurs between nights 2 and 3, the player (always taking the role of Freddy Fazbear) will see, upon rotating his head, Bonnie and Chica staring at him, with Chica still being eyeless. Eerie music can be heard in the background along with the same child laughter. Once again the screen glitches out and cuts to static, however, in place of "err", the "it's me" phrase (commonly associated with Hallucinations) are shown.
In the third cutscene, which takes place between nights 3 and 4, upon looking to the left then to the right, Bonnie and Chica will be seen giving the player angry glares. Both animatronics are eyeless and their jaws hang wide open. After looking back at Bonnie for a second time, Golden Freddy can be seen staring directly to the player, with the screen eventually cutting to static and the "it's me" phrase showing up once again.
In the fourth and final cutscene, which takes place between nights 4 and 5, Bonnie and Chica will appear the same as they did in the first cutscene. However, The Puppet will appear in place of Golden Freddy, constantly following the player, wherever he turns his head to. The screen will then cut to static, as in the previous cutscenes, and "it's me" will display again.
- The toy animatronics leave in the same pattern as the original animatronics from the Parts/Service room: Toy Bonnie, then Toy Chica, and finally Toy Freddy.
- The Show Stage and Party Room 3 are the only locations where Toy Bonnie can be seen with his guitar.
- This is the only location where Toy Chica can be seen with her beak and eyes attached.
- This is also the only location where Toy Freddy can be seen with his eyelashes. (They are absent after he leaves the Show Stage.)
- The Flashlight cannot be used on the stage after all of the toy animatronics have left. The in-game reason as to why is the fact that no image files exist for the stage being brightened while all of the toy animatronics are gone.
- This may have been an oversight by Scott Cawthon, or it could have been deliberate, as all of the animatronics shown on the feed are visible without the use of the Flashlight. In turn, it would needlessly waste flashlight battery to use it while all the animatronics are already visibly gone.
- Additionally, this camera feed is the only one in the game which does not require any use of the Flashlight to locate an animatronic, for the same reasons mentioned above.
- This camera (CAM 09) and the Parts/Service camera (CAM 08) are always disabled on the Custom Night, even if the player does not touch the A.I. settings at all.
- This is likely due to certain presets clashing with certain in-game files and mechanics. Freddy's Circus, for example, overlaps with both Freddy Fazbear's and Toy Freddy's obligations to stay in their respective rooms until all the other animatronics in the area have left. However, since the animatronics in those areas are disabled and no in-game files show them being present without the Freddies, the preset would have likely been broken somehow.
- Unlike Freddy from the first game, Toy Freddy will return to the Show Stage after leaving The Office.
- Unlike from the first game, where either Bonnie or Chica could leave the Show Stage first, Toy Bonnie is always the first one to leave the Show Stage. This is evident by the fact that there are no files in-game displaying Toy Chica missing from the Stage with only Toy Bonnie and Toy Freddy present.
- This is also true for the old animatronics in Parts/Service, in that Bonnie always leaves first.
- There appears to be a big rip in the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" banner behind Toy Freddy's head.
- The Music Box can be heard while viewing the Show Stage, however, it is much fainter.
- During cutscenes, childrens' laughter can be heard in the background. This is presumably the laughter of the children who possess these suits.
- Foxy is the only character from this location who does not appear in cutscenes.
- During the fourth cutscene, The Puppet follows the player in a very similar manner to its phantom counterpart from Five Nights at Freddy's 3.
Five Nights at Freddy's
Five Nights at Freddy's 2
Five Nights at Freddy's 3