- Not what you were looking for? See Animatronic (disambiguation).
The shadow animatronics are ghost-like entities with the unknown place of origin, whereabouts, and history functions. They first appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, then reappeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 3 and several other games of the Five Nights at Freddy's saga.
The shadow animatronics lack solid forms as they appear as shadowy, supernatural specters with forms based on the Fazbear Entertainment animatronics. Most of them have very dark colors, while sporting glowing white eyes and teeth.
A list of shadow animatronics who appeared in more than one game or having a bigger role in their first and only debut of a specific game.
|RWQFSFASXC||Toy Bonnie||He first appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, where he spawns inside the Office.|
|Shadow Freddy||Golden Freddy (withered)||He first appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, where he spawns in the Parts/Service room.|
A list of shadow animatronics who appeared only once with a very brief role.
|Shadow Balloon Boy||Balloon Boy||Three of them appear in the BB's Air Adventure minigame from Five Nights at Freddy's 3.|
|Shadow Puppet||The Puppet||It only appears in the Mangle's Quest minigame from Five Nights at Freddy's 3.|
|Shadow Cupcake||Chica's cupcake||Four of them appear during Night 3 of Five Nights at Freddy's 3, and also appearer in the Chica's Party minigame.|
|X.O.R.||Dee Dee||Better known as Shadow Dee Dee, she only appears in Ultimate Custom Night.|
|Dark Freddy||Freddy Fazbear||He only appears in the blacklight mode of Freddy's level from the Parts and Service mode of Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted.|
|Shadow Mangle||Mangle||The shadow variant of Mangle who only appeared in the Vent Repair segment occasionally in Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted.|
- It is possible that Shadow Freddy and RWQFSFASXC were created from the agony of the murders (a concept introduced in The Fourth Closet, and expanded upon in 1:35 AM), and are modeled after the two springlock suits (Fredbear and Spring Bonnie). Shadow Freddy luring the animatronics into the backroom to be dismantled, as seen in the Five Nights at Freddy's 3 end-of-night minigames, resembles the way in which William Afton murdered his victims. It also explains the connection of RWQFSFASXC to remnant in the AR game (a similar concept).
- In the Five Nights at Freddy's 3 retro minigames, Shadow BB, Shadow Puppet, and Shadow Cupcake can be only located in secret areas with silhouette objects and multi-colored static skies. This heavily implies that the shadow animatronics inhabit some sort of supernatural otherworld outside of the normal world.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's 3, most of the shadow animatronics' retro minigame sprites (even RWQFSFASXC's end-of-night minigame sprite) are revealed blue in color if brightened twice.
- It is unknown if the Shadow Remnants are in some way connected to the shadow animatronics in any way whatsoever.