- Not what you were looking for? See Animatronic (disambiguation).
The shadow animatronics are ghost-like entities with an unknown place of origin, whereabouts, and history functions. Shadow Freddy and RWQFSFASXC are the only two recurring animatronics from throughout the series.
The shadow animatronics lack solid forms as they appear as shadowy, supernatural specters with forms based on the Fazbear Entertainment animatronics. Most of them have very dark colors, while sporting glowing white eyes and teeth.
- Main article: RWQFSFASXC
- Main article: Shadow Freddy
Shadow Balloon Boy
A shadow counterpart based on the Puppet. It only appears in the Mangle's Quest minigame from Five Nights at Freddy's 3. It has a black and somber skin, gray tears and what appears to be its legs, has gray stripes.
- Main article: Shadow Cupcake
The Shadow Cupcakes are shadow-variant cupcakes with glossy-black eyes who only appear in Five Nights at Freddy's 3. They will only appear on Night 3, and found on CAM 02, CAM 03, CAM 04, and CAM 06.
- Main article: X.O.R.
Rarely, she will appear in normal gameplay.
|"I was the first! I have seen everything!"|
This article or section contains a lot of speculation, which usually occurs from pre-release media, or just things that are still unknown, so please keep that in mind while reading. The page will continue to be updated with the most accurate information as more solid evidence is supplied.
- It is possible that Shadow Freddy and RWQFSFASXC were created from the agony of the murders (a concept introduced in The Fourth Closet, and expanded upon in 1:35 AM), and are modeled after the two springlock suits (Fredbear and Spring Bonnie). Shadow Freddy luring the animatronics into the backroom to be dismantled, as seen in the Five Nights at Freddy's 3 end-of-night minigames, resembles the way in which William Afton murdered his victims. It also explains the connection of RWQFSFASXC to remnant in the AR game (a similar concept).
- In the Five Nights at Freddy's 3 retro minigames, Shadow BB, Shadow Puppet, and Shadow Cupcake can be only located in secret areas with silhouette objects and multi-colored static skies. This heavily implies that the shadow animatronics inhabit some sort of supernatural otherworld outside of the normal world.
- It is unknown if the Shadow Remnants are connected to the shadow animatronics in any way.
- Shadow Freddy and RWQFSFASXC are theorized to be springlocked victims that died in suits, but it is unknown.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's 3, most of the shadow animatronics' retro minigame sprites appear to be blue in color if brightened twice.
- Dark Freddy, Dark Foxy, Shadow Mangle and Party Freddy from Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted resemble the shadow animatronics, but may not necessarily belong to this animatronic class.