- Not what you were looking for? See Scott Cawthon (disambiguation).
Scott Cawthon (Born July 26, 1971 in Houston, Texas, United States) is the developer of the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise, including Five Nights at Freddy's, 2, 3, 4, Sister Location, Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator, and Ultimate Custom Night. He is also part of Hope Animation, which is a "project of Christian animators" aiming to spread the teachings of Jesus Christ. He has also developed a few other indie games, although most of these can no longer be found on his website. He currently resides in Texas, USA with his family.
List of Games
- The Desolate Hope - Steam (Freeware)
- The Pilgrim's Progress - Hope Animation ($5.66)
- The Desolate Room - ScottGames (Freeware)
- Legacy of Flan 4: Flan Rising - ScottGames (Freeware)
- Doofas the Dinosaur
- Sit 'N Survive
- There is no Pause Button!
- Chipper & Sons Lumber Co.
- 8-Bit RPG Creator
- Rage Quit!
- Chubby Hurdles
- Pimp My Dungeon (Mobile version only)
- Fart Hotel
- Golden Galaxy
- Use Holy Water!
- Shell Shatter
- Forever Quester
- Kitty in the Crowd
- Spooky Scan
- 20 Useless Apps
- Stellar Gun
- Ships of Chaos
- Legacy of Flan 1
- Legacy of Flan 2
- Legacy of Flan 3
Mobile App Stores
A number of Scott's games are on mobile platforms, which can be found on the pages below:
- When Chipper & Sons Lumber Co. came out, a lot of people complained that the animation and characters in it looked like "animatronic dolls." This sent Scott into a deep depression. However, before he was ready to quit the video game making business entirely, he realized he could take advantage of this and make it into a game, and thus Five Nights at Freddy's was born.
- Scott's avatar comes from another game he made - There is no Pause Button!
- Scott is the father of three children and resides in Texas.
- Scott has stated his favorite Bible verse is Psalm 46:10, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a game he occasionally plays, as stated in one of his interviews.
- Scott voices Phone Guy and Phone Dude in the first three games of the Five Nights at Freddy's series.
- The idea of being stuck in one spot and unable to move may have been taken from Sit 'N Survive, one of Scott's other games.
- After the release of Five Nights at Freddy's 2, Scott removed all information from his official site and replaced it with an image of the word, "offline." Over the next several weeks, his website began to show signs of life:
- The web address " fazbearentertainment.com " redirects to Scott's website.
- Most of his information was revealed on a bio Hope Animation's website.
- Scott's website was updated on December 14, 2014 to warn fans about impersonators: "This is a just friendly holiday reminder to not believe everything you hear. I do NOT have a twitter or twitch account. Only believe information from my official email, my official youtube account, and my official website, Scottgames.com. Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!".
- On January 3rd, the text under the teaser image was updated to inform the community about fan games and that they should be supportive of them: "This is a reminder to not believe everything you hear. Only believe information from Scottgames.com! Please be supportive of others in the community and those making fan-games. It only takes a few kind words to build someone up!"
- On January 8th, Scott's warning is modified differently as: "This is a reminder to not believe everything you hear; I do NOT have a Twitch or Twitter account. Only believe information from Scottgames.com! Also, please do not call any phone numbers that you believe may be associated with the game. There are NO real phone numbers associated with the game. Please be supportive of others in the community and those making fan-games; it only takes a few kind words to build someone up!"
- As for today, the message and the email address are permanently removed.
- Scott stated in one of his Reddit comments that he's aware of the Five Nights at Freddy's Wiki.
- A picture of Scott appears in the introductory portion of Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted, representing the "rogue indie developer" who supposedly released games that tarnished Fazbear Entertainment, but according to Tape Girl, Fazbear Entertainment had hired the developer all along as part of a coverup.
- Scott confirmed on Reddit that while his photo is used for the indie developer, he is not intended to be Scott. He also confirmed in the same post that the child face seen in Ultimate Custom Night, implied to be "The One You Should Not Have Killed", is a modified picture of his youngest son Jason, and that it doesn't mean that Jason is said child.