|"Oh, what a pleasant surprise!"
Remain mindful that this page may contain spoilers for related material. If you are new to anything, like if you have not played the game or read the book yet, please read at your own risk!
While all S.T.A.F.F. Bots vary in color scheme depending on their role, they all share the same basic design. A S.T.A.F.F. bots sports a white, ovoid-esque head, with cutouts for two white eyes with black irises; two ovals are placed on the sides of their head. A light gray, pointed decal is placed under each cutout, and a segment runs through the middle of the eye sockets. Their faces also appear to have peach pink blush circles, below their eyes. Their torso is composed of a singular, segmented metal spine, with a chest suit piece, fitted with buttons, covering half of it. The word "STAFF" is painted on the back of the chest piece, and two wires poke out of both sides of the chestpiece's lower half, which connect to their respective arm. Spherical shoulder joints connect the arms to the torso, the upper half of the arms are bare, and while the lower half is covered by a forearm suit piece, the arms end in three-fingered hands. A cylindrical waist connects both halves of the S.T.A.F.F. bot, with lights on the sides. The lower half of the S.T.A.F.F. bot is made up of one singular piece that tapers outwards, ending in two wheels.
S.T.A.F.F. bots perform jobs normally done by humans around the Pizzaplex, and can be seen working as waiters, security guards, and janitors. Most of their variants are passive, and will not attempt to hurt the player. However, Alpha S.T.A.F.F. bots will kill the player on contact, while Security Bots will alert nearby animatronics to the player's position by sounding an alarm. Cleaner Bots also alert animatronics, but only if the player gets in the way of the cleaning arm. If there are no hostile animatronics nearby, the alarm may cause one to teleport one near the player.
- Main article: Security Bots
The Security Bots patrol Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex during the night. These S.T.A.F.F. Bots are the most common throughout the game, and follow set patrol routes, occasionally stopping and performing a full turn before resuming their rounds. Should Gregory come within the beam of light, the Security Bot will jumpscare him and sound an alarm, alerting any nearby animatronics to his position. In the Sewers below the Pizzaplex, a withered version of the Security Bot is present, called Sewer Bot in the files.
- Main article: Map Bots
The Map Bots are S.T.A.F.F. bots who are employed to hand out maps to customers. They have a habit of jumpscaring Gregory, though, this will not alert nearby animatronics. Instead, they will follow it up with a request for him to take a map, no longer jumpscaring him on sight.
- Main article: Mop Bots
The Mop Bots clean up around the Pizzaplex, hence their name. Unlike the other S.T.A.F.F. Bots, they are completely white.
They either stand still or roll around slowly, sweeping or mopping the ground as they do so. If Gregory comes too close to them, they will look at him and signal him to move away. If Gregory get to close to them repeatedly, the Cleaning Bot will sound an alarm, alerting nearby Glamrock Animatronics to his location.
- Main article: Party Bots
The Party Bots are S.T.A.F.F. bots that stand in front of the entrances to certain attractions.
If Gregory has a Party Pass, they will dance around on the spot as the game prompts him to give it to them, and they will promptly disappear after receiving the Party Pass. If Gregory doesn't have a Pass though, they will stop him from entering the attraction they guard.
- Main article: Alien Bots
The Alien Bots are a unique variation of S.T.A.F.F. bots found exclusively in the Fazer Blast attraction. They wear a green cap with alien-like antennae. They carry standard issue Fazer Blaster laser guns.
Alien Bots will shoot Gregory when he is in range and attempt to destroy any flag captured by him. Alien Bots can be stunned by hitting them with the Fazer Blaster laser gun. Shooting the Alien Bots directly between the eyes will completely destroy them, earning Gregory Fazer Blast game points. Both stunning and destroying the Alien Bots will award Gregory with 10 points each time.
- Main article: Nightmarionne S.T.A.F.F. Bots
The Nightmarionne S.T.A.F.F. Bots are the vandalized counterparts of the regular S.T.A.F.F. bots that resemble Nightmarionne, hence their name. They can be seen in the underground and are the only S.T.A.F.F. bots that will directly kill the player, making them the most dangerous staff bot in the game.
A pair of Attendant Bots, also known as Circus Baby Bots in the files, can be found serving ice cream and other treats at Bonnie Bowl. Other than remaining at the cash aisle, they hardly do much.
The Comedy Bot, also called Comedian Bot is a S.T.A.F.F. bot who can be found in the Fazbear Theater, where it will stand on stage and make jokes to the audience, also using hand gestures. (The only audience member aside from Gregory is the one lone S.T.A.F.F. Bot.)
- "I just rolled in here, and boy are my wheels tired."
- "As you might have noticed, I am a robot. Do you know what the difference between humans and robots is? Humans are like: 'Whaaah! I am going to get old and die.' Robots are like: 'I will outlive you all.'"
- "What a great audience."
- "Next joke loading..."
- "Is anyone here from out of town?"
- "Is anyone here?"
- "So, where are you from? How interesting. I've never been there. I am confined to this building. Tell me; where you come from, do they call it pop or soda? Well, here we call it half off at our concession stand for the next fifteen minutes. And that is no joke."
- "But seriously, what is the deal with hot dogs? Turns out, it's 2 for 1 at the concession stand. That is a pretty good deal."
- "So, where are all my single dads? Any single dads tonight? How about my single moms? Any single moms tonight? - There is no punchline. This collected data will be shared or sold to Fazbear Entertainment's marketing and business affiliates."
- "Segue missing... Accessing gag file."
- "Aren't parents the worst? Any of you kids have parents? Don't you hate it when your parents take you somewhere fun then abandon you? They are all like: 'I guess if I dump little Jeremy off at his favorite pizzeria before I move to Aruba, that makes me a good parent.'"
Driver Assist Bots
The Driver Assist Bots are S.T.A.F.F. bots employed to help guests that are too short to drive the Karts in Roxy Raceway. They sport a white color scheme with orange accents, and are immobile, due to being connected to the Kart itself and, thus, entirely lacking a lower half. The second segment of their fingers is colored purple, and the logo for Roxy Raceway is printed on their chestpiece.
The player can find the only Driver Assist Bot on a yellow Kart near the northwest stairs, though it is missing a head which needs to be found and repaired in order for the Bot to function again, thus triggering Roxanne Wolf's boss battle.
The Instructor Bot is a unique S.T.A.F.F. bot that is employed to explain the rules of Fazer Blast. They wear a vest with a lightning bolt with a bow tie printed on it, a cap with bear's ears, and hold a Fazer Blaster.
There is presumably one Fazer Blast bot for each team, but only the orange team’s bot is seen in-game. Their dialogue refers to the opposing team as "the orange-slash-blue team", so they may be a single bot reused between teams.
The Pizza Bot, also called Chef Bot in the files, is a S.T.A.F.F. bot who is employed to make pizzas via the Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex Quick Delivery Virtual System. and is the only S.T.A.F.F. bot variant that can be fully controlled by the player. Gregory uses this to make a pizza to distract Glamrock Chica, who attacks it in the process.
It appears to share its color scheme with the Mop Bots, though it wears a toque and a visibly dirty chef's jacket from the attack.
The Worker Bots are a type of S.T.A.F.F. bots who serve as constructors for the locations within Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex. The Worker Bots were only seen on posters found from some maintenance and construction sites.
|"I was the first! I have seen everything!"
This section archives a lot of theories and speculation, which usually occurs from pre-release media, or just things that are still unknown, so please keep that in mind while reading. The page will continue to be updated with the most accurate information as more solid evidence is supplied.
The Table Bots are a group of five deactivated S.T.A.F.F. Bots found in the Staffbot Silo from the Sewers. They are theorized to be a reference to a past group of characters, such as The Afton Family or Funtime Animatronics.
|The following section is rather large and has been truncated for ease of page viewing.|
To view it, click the [show] tag.
Two common interpretations propose that the Table Bots represent the Afton Family.
The third and least common interpretation of the Table Bots suggests that it represents Funtime Animatronics.
The Magician Bot is a S.T.A.F.F. Bot dressed in magician's attire complete with a top hat and a red bowtie.
While the fixed version of this bot is unused, a broken version is part of the Table Bots. Theorized to represent William Afton, Golden Freddy, or Funtime Freddy. The fixed version of the Magician Bot was meant to perform in the Daycare Theater at some point, as Dread Unit presents it, and it has dialogue about its performance.
The Nanny Bot is a female S.T.A.F.F. bot dressed like a nanny, with blue hair similar to Ballora.
Like the Magician Bot, the fixed version is unused while a broken version is found in-game as one of the S.T.A.F.F. Bots among the Table Bots, theorized to represent Ballora or William Afton's unnamed wife.
The Server Bot is a S.T.A.F.F. bot that is employed to serve food to people. The Server Bot wears a blue, orange and red striped shirt, they also wear a light purple and red cap with a red and blue propeller on it.
A fixed model of this bot can be found in the game files, but it can only be seen in the Sewers. In the tech-demo, there were server bots serving meals at El Chip's and wearing a large sombreros, implying that there were originally food delivery variants of S.T.A.F.F. bots.
- There were some other S.T.A.F.F. bots planned to be added in Security Breach but ends up scrapped or left unused.
- A completely unused yellow S.T.A.F.F. bot variant can also be located in the files.
- A completely unused green Alien Bot can be located in the files.
- A S.T.A.F.F. bot, called Caddy Bot, that was wearing a green apron, green plaid golf caps with a red bulb on top, and carry a green and purple golf-club bag on their back was presumably meant to play a role in Monty's Gator Golf.
- An alternative model for Comedy Bot, with a blue vest and a bowler hat, and eyebrows. This variant also holds a microphone. It's unknown why it was replaced.
- A S.T.A.F.F. bot wearing a light blue shirt with a pink collar, a white apron and a fry cook hat with a white and pink checkered pattern, and pink Pizzaplex logos on the backs of their shirts. They would've likely work in the various Kitchens in the game, this bot is called Fry Cook Bot
- A S.T.A.F.F. Bot colored with a pale blue & dark blue accents. Its torso is black & white striped with pink lines that act as painted-on suspenders, and it's cheeks & wires are also colored pink, this bot is called Mime Bot.
|The following section is rather large and has been truncated for ease of page viewing.|
To view it, click the [show] tag.
- From the tech-demo trailer, there was a normal S.T.A.F.F. Bot working as the attendant at the Bonnie Bowl, which was replaced in the final game.
- "S.T.A.F.F." appears to be an acronym, although it is unknown what it stands for as of yet.
- The S.T.A.F.F. Bots are voiced by "themselves". They are actually voiced via text-to-speech.
- The S.T.A.F.F. Bots' voice is used with Cepstral, a free text-to-speech generator site, or its other counterpart now turned to a mobile app, VoiceForge. The bots use David for their masculine voice, while using Callie for their feminine voice.
- The text-to-speech voice they all share when threatening to suspend Gregory's membership is the only current use of a different text-to-speech service (Google WaveNet) used for various unused dialogue from the S.T.A.F.F. Bots, but was replaced by the voices used in the final release.