|"I was the first! I have seen everything!"
This section archives a lot of theories and speculation, which usually occurs from pre-release media, or just things that are still unknown, so please keep that in mind while reading. The page will continue to be updated with the most accurate information as more solid evidence is supplied.
“Playing as a child whose role is yet unknown, you must safeguard yourself until 6am...”
The unnamed protagonist(s) is/are the main character(s) in Five Nights at Freddy's 4.
The main protagonist who remains in the bedroom, endangered by the nightmare animatronics. The protagonist must look after the nightmare animatronics from his surroundings to survive in all seven nights, from 12 to 6AM. He has fair hearing, especially when considering Nightmare Bonnie and Nightmare Chica's quiet breathing.
- The Crying Child bears a striking similarity to the fifth child in the Happiest Day minigame, with both being the birthday boys, and both being associated with the same animatronic.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location, the Breaker Room's map reveals that the Five Nights at Freddy's 4 locations, the house during main gameplay and end-of-night minigame areas, are separated in different places, suggesting that there at least two protagonists.
- Additionally, the reason parts of the map were in different areas could be that the some of faded areas on the map are all apart of one building on the surface.
- To further prove this, Nightmare Fredbear in Ultimate Custom Night states: "Let me put you back together, then take you apart all over again." This a phrase mostly associated with the Crying Child. Additionally, in the Private Room in Sister Location, one can see the same Fredbear plush that belonged to the Crying Child next to the monitors of the Five Nights at Freddy's 4 house.
- The Private Room in Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location heavily implies, if not outright confirms, that he is a member of the Afton family, more specifically the son of William Afton, as it's likely William was talking to him through the Fredbear plush via a walkie talkie that was next to the same plush on the desk, helping him in an almost fatherly way. He also set up cameras in the Crying Child's house to watch him. William could have only done this if it was his own house.
|Core Series Characters|