- Were you looking for Kid's Cove from the second game or The Closet from the fourth game, or CAM 05 and CAM 06 from Ultimate Custom Night?
|“||Also, check on the curtain in Pirate Cove from time to time. The character in there seems unique in that he becomes more active if the cameras remain off for long periods of time.||”|
— Phone Guy, explaining Pirate Cove, Night 2
The only inhabitant of this area is Foxy. No other animatronics will be seen in this area. Foxy operates using a different mechanic than the other animatronics: if the player checks the camera for this area (CAM 1C) too much or too little, Foxy will slowly emerge from behind the curtain and sprint towards The Office, giving the player a brief lapse of time to close the left door before he attacks.
Pirate Cove is closed off by a large, cylindrical, purple-colored curtain, decorated with stars and sparkles. There stands a sign, also decorated with stars, in front of the curtain that reads, "Sorry! Out of Order," which sometimes changes to "IT'S ME" when Foxy leaves.
Two lights can be seen on the back wall, one on either side of the curtain. There are also star decorations hanging from the ceiling, and the floor is tiled black and white.
- Should the player notice that Foxy has escaped Pirate Cove, it is recommended that they lower the Monitor and shut the left door before viewing the West Hall camera. This will give the player a much better chance of survival from Foxy.
- Sometimes when Foxy has left Pirate Cove, the sign that normally says "Sorry! Out of Order" will say "IT'S ME" (as can be seen here), a phrase associated with the hallucinations which Mike Schmidt experiences.
- Oddly, if one compares the "Sorry! Out of Order" sign to the "IT'S ME" sign, the stars on the sign appear to shift to one side.
- The singing that can be heard at random points throughout the game comes from Pirate Cove, supposedly from Foxy.
- The singing will become louder if the player views Pirate Cove.
- According to the map, Pirate Cove is located in the lower left corner of the Dining Area, occupying space in the same way as the Show Stage.
- Oddly, the area around Pirate Cove is tiled black and white while the rest of the Dining Area floor is tiled blue and red.
- The small dots on the curtain appear to be phosphorescent, while the large stars do not.
- Oddly, if the player views CAM 2A (West Hall) to trigger Foxy's sprinting animation, then switching to CAM 1C (Pirate Cove), then quickly lowers the Monitor and raises it again before Foxy either bangs on the door or reaches The Office, an image of The Office will be seen through CAM 1C instead of Pirate Cove.
- Pirate Cove appears in one of the Death Minigames in the second game. In the mini-game, Foxy travels in and out of Pirate Cove to entertain the children, but when he runs out the third time, a figure is near the curtain. When Foxy goes into this room, the children are all gray hinting that they were killed. Foxy later jumpscares the player.
- The Pirate Cove camera was originally next to the West Hall entrance instead of being located in front of the curtains, as indicated by the beta Monitor pictures.
- This is one of only four areas in which only one animatronic can be seen in, the others being the Backstage, West Hall Corner, and the Supply Closet, all of which only Bonnie passes through.
Pirate Cove returns in Ultimate Custom Night, in two separate forms. CAM 05 bears extreme similarities to the Pirate Cove from the first game, in that, Foxy resides here and must be frequently monitored. However, Bonnie also now inhabits Pirate Cove, and he exhibits behaviors opposite that of Foxy, in that he poses a threat if viewed too much. When either of these animatronics is active in Pirate Cove, their respective figurine will appear on the player's desk. If both animatronics are active on the same night, then the figurine will switch between that of Bonnie and Foxy. If Bonnie's figurine is present, then the player must avoid checking Pirate Cove, else Bonnie will disable the camera system temporarily and emit a loud noise, agitating sound-sensitive animatronics. If Foxy's figurine is present, then the player MUST check Pirate Cove, or else Foxy will eventually leave Pirate Cove and gradually enter the Office, piece by piece, eventually resulting in his full assembly and a jumpscare. Alternatively, both Bonnie and Foxy can be removed from the night if the player buys the death coin and uses it on them.
Pirate Cove also makes an appearance on CAM 06. In this camera feed, which also bears a similar appearance to the location from the first game, Funtime Foxy inhabits the stage. A sign will appear in front of the curtain displaying the time of Funtime Foxy's show, and the player must view CAM 06 as soon as that time occurs, or else Funtime Foxy will jumpscare the player. Like Bonnie and Foxy, Funtime Foxy can be alternatively removed by the death coin. Additionally, Plushtrap will also appear on this camera when summoned by Dee Dee, and when this occurs, the player must view him for several seconds to ward him off, or else he will jumpscare the player.
The CAM 05 appearance of Pirate Cove retains its appearance from the original Five Nights at Freddy's, with the only difference being that there's no "Sorry! Out of order!" sign. The CAM 06 appearance also bears similarities to the original, though the curtain is physically larger and wider, and the aforementioned "Sorry! Out of order!" sign is replaced by a similar sign that displays the time of Funtime Foxy's upcoming show. If Funtime Foxy isn't active or has been removed by the death coin, then the sign will display "Sorry! Out of order!".