|"You may not recognize me at first - but I assure you it's still me!"
- Were you looking for a similar character from the series, Phone Guy?
|“||Hey-Hey! Glad you came back for another night! I promise it'll be a lot more interesting this time.||”|
— Phone Dude, Night 1.
Phone Dude is an employee of Fazbear's Fright, heard in Five Nights at Freddy's 3. This similar phone caller often goes by the nickname of Phone Dude within the community, partially to differentiate the two characters and partially because of his "surfer dude"-type accent.
His phone calls only lasts for two beginning nights.
Phone Dude appears to be very upbeat as evidenced in Night 1's phone call. He seems enthusiastic about the attraction, and appears to enjoy finding old relics of the pizzerias. In Night 2, he excitedly mentions finding a real animatronic (referring to Springtrap), and plays an old training tape for the player, stating he wants to play it over the speakers to add to the atmosphere of the attraction. He also jokes a lot more than the original Phone Guy, such as saying that the Foxy head they had found might "just be another crappy cosplay" and saying that the company would have to dress the player in a "furry suit" to stand in as an animatronic before finding Springtrap, generally being a lot less serious about his work.
|The following information contains spoilers. To view them, click the [show] tag.|
- The Night 1 phone call is the longest in the franchise, lasting until 4 AM.
- However, this is due to the fact that the hours and nights in the third game are far shorter than in the first two games. In reality, the Night 1 phone call from the third game is actually shorter than the first phone calls from both of the previous games.
- With Fast Nights enabled, due to shorter hours, the phone call lasts even "longer".
- The call even gets cut off due to the call lasting longer than the night.
- Night 2 is the last time Phone Dude talks to the player himself. From then on, the original Phone Guy's training tapes will play for the rest of the game.
- Phone Dude refers to the Foxy headlamp as "another crappy cosplay".
- Scott once posted on a Steam post that Phone Dude was voiced by "some random guy he found outside his house.". The actual voice actor is Scott himself.
- Phone Dude was referred as "New Phone Guy" in The Freddy Files while Phone Guy in the first two installments is referred as "Old Phone Guy".