- Not what you were looking for? See Puppet (disambiguation).
The Phantom Puppet has, essentially, the same model of its Five Nights at Freddy's 2 incarnation, though its body is charred and its eyes have small white pupils, much like the other phantoms. Its charred and burnt appearance possibly foreshadows the torching of the attraction. Its three buttons are also very dark in color, and the top button is almost half broken while the bottom one is cracked, as visibly noticable when its Extra menu render is brightened.
RoleThe Phantom Puppet appears very briefly in CAM 08 and then appears in the Office depending on whether or not the player changes the Monitor's view before lowering it.
Rarely, when the player looks at CAM 08 and only CAM 08, the image of a normal, non-burnt Puppet in the hallway will show. Once this happens, the Monitor will lower almost immediately and a close-up of this same Puppet's face, only burnt and grey-black, will move right to left in the Office, its eyes focusing on the player. While this is happening, the Phantom Puppet will make a weird, "computer-like" noise while blocking the player's view.
Once in the room, the Phantom Puppet cannot be warded off and must leave on its own, which will take approximately 17 seconds. During this period, it allows time for Springtrap to move closer to the player while also leaving the player vulnerable to the other phantoms, especially Phantom Freddy and Phantom Foxy, who can both attack almost immediately, even while the Phantom Puppet is still in the Office.
- It is the only phantom to not appear outside of Five Nights at Freddy's 3.
- In the older version of the game's mobile edition, Phantom Puppet's sequence is noticeably shorter than in the PC version.
- Unlike the original Puppet, the Phantom Puppet is the only phantom animatronic who lacks an official jumpscare, and also the Puppet's only counterpart to not have a jumpscare.
- Phantom Puppet's actions are very similar to the way the original Puppet blocks Freddy Fazbear's vision in the cutscene after Night 4 in Five Nights at Freddy's 2.
- It has been disputed whether the close-up of Phantom Puppet's face is an actual jumpscare or not. Since the audio for a standard jumpscare does not play, as well as it not being featured in the Jumpscares section of the Extra menu, most believe that it is not.
- The Phantom Puppet's jumpscare may be similar to Golden Freddy's killscreen in the first game, as they are both close ups of a character's face along with a unique audio instead of the regular jumpscare audio.
- However, it is unlikely that they are connected, as Phantom Puppet's close-up takes place in the Office, and his face is moving. It is more likely that is a combination of a standard jumpscare and a Golden Freddy-like killscreen.
- Oddly, there are few textures for the Puppet from the second game (including the unused last frame of its jumpscare and three textures that appears at the Main Hall) that can be found within the Five Nights at Freddy's 3 game files. It is unknown why this is there.
- If the Phantom Puppet is in The Office when Springtrap is about to kill the player, it will just disappear and Springtrap will jumpscare the player.
- Because of this fact, along with the fact that it almost entirely obstructs the player's view and prevents use of the Monitor and Maintenance Panel, Phantom Puppet is considered by some the most dangerous phantom animatronic in the game.
- Most phantom animatronics appear in locations near where the remains of the original character they represent are at. Phantom Chica is the only exception. Phantom Puppet appears in the same room where the original Puppet mask is located.
- Phantom Puppet is one of the two animatronics whose full bodies aren't completely visible, the other being Phantom Freddy.
- The sound that occurs during Phantom Puppet's sequence sounds very similar to a fax machine, which may hint to the Phone Guy. Though, this could easily be a coincidence.
- Phantom Puppet is one of the three phantom animatronics to have lack eyes before performing their jumpscare, the others being Phantom BB and Phantom Freddy.