- Not what you were looking for? See Animatronic (disambiguation).
The phantom animatronics are hallucination-like variants of the original animatronics who haunt in Fazbear's Fright: The Horror Attraction throughout the nights.
The phantom animatronics are the burned and damaged ghost-like entities based on the animatronics, with greenish hue and charred colors. Their dark color tones made these variants almost blend in backgrounds and hardly noticeable, especially when viewing the security cameras. All have empty black eyes with grayish-colored irises and glowing white pupils.
The phantoms' origins and whereabouts are unexplored. They will randomly appear on certain cameras or in the Office. If one to witness the phantoms, they cannot physically kill but jumpscaring them, then disappear in a flash of light to either disable their ventilation or merely as distractions.
|Phantom Freddy||First appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, where he resides in the hallway outside of the Office.|
|Phantom BB||Balloon Boy||First appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, where he spawns almost anywhere in security cameras.|
|Phantom Chica||Chica||First appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, where she spawns from CAM 07.|
|Phantom Mangle||Mangle||First appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, where it spawns from CAM 04.|
|Phantom Foxy||First appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, where he spawns inside the Office.|
|Phantom Puppet||The Puppet||Only appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, where it spawns from CAM 08.|
- These are the only animatronic counterparts of the series not to outright kill the protagonists, and instead taking the role as distractions or obstacles to hinder the progress.
- Despite the phantoms serving as obstacles, there is a rare bug on the mobile version where Phantom Freddy and Phantom Chica can directly end the game.
- Bonnie is the only standard animatronic who never received a phantom counterpart, this is probably due to the fact that Springtrap already takes the role.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's 3, it is entirely possible for multiple phantom animatronics to appear on the Monitor in one run, totaling over at least three phantoms.
- The phantoms are theorized to be the souls of the dead children murdered by William Afton, taking a burnt-damaged form of the suits they formerly possessed.
- However this seems unlikely, as the phantoms haunt the night guard instead of Springtrap.
- In Ultimate Custom Night, their appearances are less burnt and more brighter to see.
- Phantom Freddy and Phantom BB are the only phantoms in the game to jumpscare the player, they also have non-animated jumpscares, as it is only one solo frame.
- All six phantoms have appeared in more than one game except Phantom Puppet, whose only appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 3.
- Despite their appearance in Help Wanted, none of the phantom animatronics' models appear in the Gallery area or have their own action figures.