- Were you looking for the Backstage from the first game, or CAM 08 from Ultimate Custom Night, or the mode of the same name from from the VR game?
|“||Uh, by now I'm sure you've noticed the older models sitting in the back room. Uh, those are from the previous location. We just use them for parts now.||”|
— Phone Guy, Night 2
Parts/Service is a location in Five Nights at Freddy's 2 within Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie, Chica and Foxy start here. Golden Freddy possibly starts here, albeit off-camera. Foxy will return to this room after being flashed off from the hallway outside The Office if all the other older animatronics have left.
There is also a rare chance of an encounter with a hallucination in this room, which looks like a shadowed version of Golden Freddy, commonly referred to as Shadow Freddy by fans, sitting down in the same spot that Bonnie usually is. If viewed for too long, the game will crash, or freeze in the mobile version.
Parts/Service is a dirty, dusty room, with wires and pipes along the walls. The floor is smooth, with a black and white checkered pattern, and appears to have a dark fluid splattered on it - possibly oil. The room is extremely dark, making the use of the Flashlight almost mandatory to view it.
There is a grey wall decorated with a green-and-blue checkered stripe that comes from the left side of the dark room. In the middle of the room, a narrow wall divides the space in half. This wall also appears to have the same dark fluid on it as the floor.
- The animatronics leave in the same order as those from the Show Stage; first Bonnie, then Chica, and finally Freddy.
- This is unlike the Show Stage from the first game, where either Bonnie or Chica could leave first. With the second game's Show Stage and Parts/Service, Bonnie is always the first one to leave.
- The camera in this room (CAM 08) and the Show Stage (CAM 09) are always disabled on the Custom Night.
- This is likely due to certain presets clashing with certain in-game files and mechanics. Freddy's Circus, for example, overlaps with both Freddy and Toy Freddy's obligations to stay until the other animatronics in the area have left, but as they are disabled and no in-game files are present for the Freddies gone and the others remaining, the preset would have likely been broken in some way.
- This room is the counterpart of the Backstage area in the first game, both being areas in which spare parts and suits are stored.
- Interestingly, when Bonnie, Chica, and Freddy are gone, their shadows still appear in the room, most likely an overlooked detail by Scott Cawthon.
- If the player looks closely at Bonnie's upper part of his face, his endoskeleton eye can be seen staring at the camera.
- Upon closer inspection of Bonnie, his red bow tie appears to be clipping through his lower jaw, similarly to his Custom Night mugshot.
- This room is the room with the largest number of animatronics that can be within it, aside from The Office. These include Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy.
- When Bonnie leaves the room, Chica appears to have fallen over. It is not entirely known what causes this, but it is possible that when Bonnie leaves, he knocks Chica over on the way out.
- This may just be to give the player an easier time spotting Chica on the camera to see if she has left or not.
- It's unknown if Parts/Service is Foxy's true starting location, as he is nowhere to be seen in the room when the other animatronics are in there.
- It's possible that this is Foxy's starting location, but he is simply off-camera. Also, he returns to this room after the player has warded him off from the hallway, and Freddy, Chica, and Bonnie are gone which may hint that he goes there after the player finishes the night.
- Once Freddy is warded off by the player when he enters The Office, Freddy will simply return to this room instead of moving to another room, similar to Toy Freddy returning to the Show Stage after leaving The Office.
- If one looks closely when the Flashlight is off, Bonnie, Chica and Freddy's silhouettes can still be spotted. This is made especially noticeable if the image is brightened.
- The door leading into Parts/Service reads "Parts & Service." However, the Monitor reads "Parts/Service." It is unknown why this is, although it is most likely an oversight by Scott Cawthon.
|“||Great job reaching Parts & Service.||”|
— HandUnit, Night 3
The player first visits Parts & Service on Night 3. The HandUnit tells the player that Funtime Freddy is out of power, and that the player has to reset the power modules. After removing the power module from Funtime Freddy's chest cavity, they must also deactivate his hand puppet, Bon-Bon, who has disappeared from Freddy's right hand. Failing to locate it in the allotted time will result in Bon-Bon's jumpscare.
The player once again visits Parts & Service in Night 5. The HandUnit tells the player that Baby has some problems. Baby will tell the player to enter the code to get the key to go to the Scooping Room. Failure to insert the right numbers will result in Ennard's jumpscare. Then, the player can get the key and proceed back into Funtime Auditorium.
- The slumped Baby is in the same position as Golden Freddy from the first two games.
Parts/Service returns in Ultimate Custom Night as CAM 08. This camera's primary purpose is the location of the retired Toy Freddy, who can be seen in front of a large monitor playing "Five Nights with Mr. Hugs". The player has to frequently check CAM 08 in order to help Toy Freddy play his game, by clicking on the cameras in his computer to check for Mr. Hugs and clicking the corresponding green button in order to close the right door to block him off. If the player fails to do so, then Toy Freddy will receive a Game Over from Mr. Hugs, and, subsequently, will make his way to the player's Office to jumpscare them. Alternatively, the player can use a Death Coin on Toy Freddy to remove him from the night and the need to check on him.
Parts/Service appears to be a combination of both of it's original appearances from Five Nights at Freddy's 2 and Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location, with added aesthetic from Five Nights at Freddy's 3. It has the black and white checkered floor from the original Parts/Service room, as well as various posters and components similar to those from the third and fifth games. In the center of the room, Toy Freddy sits in front of a brown desk with a large monitor that displays the camera system of "Five Nights with Mr. Hugs". If Toy Freddy has left Parts/Service, the monitor will display the text "Game Over" in large red letters. If Toy Freddy isn't activated or if he has been removed by the death coin, then the monitor will blank.