“Come and sit with me a while. Leave the demon to his demons. Rest your own soul. There is nothing else.”
Old Man Consequences is a mysterious character who first appears in FNaF World.
He returns again in Ultimate Custom Night as an antagonist.
Old Man Consequences appears to be a red colored 8-bit sprite figure in a sitting position. He has what appears to be large teeth and a head shaped somewhat like that of a crocodile or alligator. He holds a fishing rod much larger than himself with no hook. He seems to have gotten his name because he had to take the consequences of something, or because he explains the consequences of entering the fourth sub-tunnel.
Old Man Consequences first appeared in the RPG spin-off game FNaF World, secretly found as a non-playable character in the Fourth Glitch Ending.
When the player enters the 4th level, they will have to talk to Old Man Consequences, or take the "Drowning Ending" instead, when they talk to him, he will say:
“Sorry to say you have gone too deep into the code. There is no way back out. My name is Old Man Consequences. Come have a seat, and let's fish for a while. You have no where else to go.”
After this, the text box will simply say "the end" in all lowercase.
Ultimate Custom Night
“Use the C button to catch a fish when his mini game appears, otherwise he will lock your monitor for a short time.”
When having Old Man Consequences set to 1 with all characters set to 0, then during gameplay, catching a fish will result in being sent to the 4th layer deep area from FNaF World where Old Man Consequences is there. Speaking with him here will result in him saying, "Come and sit with me for a while," prompting the player to press the ENTER key. Doing so will lead to Old Man Consequences' next dialogue text; "Leave the demon to his demons. Rest your own soul. There is nothing else." The player must then exit by rapidly moving left and right above the pond by pressing both A and D keys, which actually causes the game to crash. Upon going back to a plain game of FNaF World the player will then see the old man consequences trophy meaning they might be connected in a way.
The challenges in which Old Man Consequences is present are as follows:
- Pay Attention 1
- Pay Attention 2
- Chaos 1
- Chaos 2
- Chaos 3
|FNaF World||Minor character||First debut; Fourth Glitch Ending|
|Ultimate Custom Night||Major character||Distraction-type antagonist|
Ultimate Custom Night
|The sound emitted when Old Man Consequences disabling the Monitor access after attempting to pull up the Monitor.|
- Old Man Consequences, Funtime Foxy, Circus Baby, Lolbit, Tangle, White Rabbit, Bouncepot and Dee Dee are the only characters who made their debut in FNaF World to appear later on in the series.
- His minigame sprite looks somewhat similar to Redbear.
- His name might be a reference to the fact that the player has ignored Fredbear's warning, and must now face the consequences.
- Once the 'the end' text appear's, the player can continuously press A and D to make it appear like Freddy is shaking his head like he's devastated.
- This is also how the player can get the "Drowning Ending", by going to the top of the lake and holding down S while continuously pressing A and D until Freddy appears to be glitching up and down on a black screen.
Ultimate Custom Night
- From the Character Guide announcement on the game's Steam page, Scott describes the mechanics for Old Man Consequences with his own words:
“Better catch a fish.”
- Old Man Consequences appeared in the Ultimate Custom Night Demo troll game as a miniboss on level 13.
- The "ERROR" sound that plays when attempting to open up the Monitor is actually the sound previously used for the first Five Nights at Freddy's game when the lights and doors are disabled after Bonnie or Chica enter the Office.
- Heard during Old Man Consequences' secret minigame ending, there is a low ambient playing in the background. If the ambient were to sped up, a sound of a person is heard screaming the inaudible words in emotion of suffering or despair.
- The sound effects playing during Old Man Consequence's minigame are reused from FNaF World clock's minigame.
- Upon speaking to Old Man Consequences in his zone, it overwrites an option in one of the save files, allowing for the Old Man Consequences trophy to be unlocked in FNaF World without touching said game.
- Character Guide - Ultimate Custom Night. June 15, 2018. Steam
|FNaF World Characters|