“Hey, keep it down, would ya?”
The Noise Meter is a measurement mechanic featured in Ultimate Custom Night and Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery. It represents the amount of noise that is currently being made, either by the player or by certain animatronics.
Music Man and Lefty are the only two animatronics that are sensitive to noise. Certain animatronics or specific actions caused by the player will cause the noise meter to fill. While the noise meter is full, Music Man and/or Lefty will begin to become annoyed, eventually jumpscaring the player if the noise level is not sufficiently reduced.
There are multiple characters and actions that can increase the level of noise in the office:
- From characters:
- Phantom Mangle's garble noises
- Mangle's static noises upon exiting the vents
- Lolbit's popup
- Phone Guy's phone calls
- From the player:
- Using the fan
- Using any device while the monitor is open
- Every device used besides the Power Generator raises the noise meter by one block.
- The Power Generator raises the noise meter by two blocks.
- Using Silent Ventilation and/or the Global Music Box does not create noise.
Not all characters can fill the noise meter from the sound they create, which include:
- Animatronics that can talk, including Rockstar Freddy, Rockstar Foxy, Funtime Chica, and Dee Dee
- El Chip's advertisement
- Phantom Balloon Boy and Phantom Freddy's jumpscare sounds
- The giggles emitted by Bonnet and Minireena
- Candy Cadet's occasional activation in the office
- Helpy when he uses his air horn
- Note that this does not raise the noise level, despite his description.
- Trash and the Gang's distractions
- Balloon Boy and JJ laughing
- Music Man - As the noise meter fills, Music Man will begin to crash his cymbals behind the player. The rate of the cymbal crashes correlates with how annoyed Music Man is; the faster the cymbals crash, the closer Music Man is to jumpscaring the player.
- Lefty - Lefty sits in the Supply Closet in the Left Hall, slumped and deactivated against the wall. As the level of noise increases, Lefty will begin to activate, slowly approaching the closet door. Unlike Music Man, lowering the noise level will not deactivate Lefty; he can only be soothed and eventually deactivated through the use of the Global Music Box.
Note that Lefty is also activated by high temperatures as well.
To drain the noise meter and/or prevent it from filling up, the player can perform any of the following actions:
- Putting down the monitor or changing the camera if Phantom Mangle appears
- Reducing or stopping usage of power-consuming devices
- Muting the Phone Guy
- Snaring Mangle with the vent snares before they reach the vent doors
- Removing Lolbit's popup by typing
- Soundproofing the office when offered by Rockstar Foxy
The noise meter returns in Special Delivery, where it is used during Ballora's encounter.
- A similar mechanic was used for the Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator game's night-shift level segments where advertisments randomly play in the Terminal device to create noise and increase some chance to bring the animatronics' attention toward the Office.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery, the noise meter was first featured in the update launch of the Dark Circus Event which was released on August 27, 2020.
|Core Series Mechanics|