- Not what you were looking for? See Animatronic (disambiguation).
“You're playing as a child, trying to ward off nightmare versions of the animatronics who are attacking you in your bedroom.”
The nightmare animatronics are heavily withered, exaggeratedly monstrous versions of the existing animatronics that reside in the protagonist's house.
They first appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 4 as primary antagonists. Some of them returned in Ultimate Custom Night, Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted, and Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery.
Most of the nightmare animatronics are featured with a deteriorated appearance with a big series of rips and holes all over, sporting a total of ten fingers with spike-like claws/nails, an excessive amount of long dangerously sharp teeth (found in both the structure of the animatronics and the endoskeletons), and small metallic eyes. Their endoskeleton heads look suspiciously similar to that of a human skull, with a line of indentations down their forehead.
Although not much is known, it's apparent that they were not made to be used for Fazbear Entertainment's restaurants, due to their grotesque appearances. Their behavioral function is that of a feral beast, and they can possibly use their gnarly claws and teeth to kill their pursued victims. Unlike other animatronic sets, the Nightmare animatronics seem to possess shared personality traits as they are all shown to be sadistic, sardonic, murderous, demonic, and bloodthirsty.
- Main article: Nightmare Freddy
“A nightmare animatronic with a Freddy Fazbear design; three miniature animatronics, called "Freddles", are attached to his body.”
- Main article: Nightmare Bonnie
“A nightmare animatronic with a Bonnie design.”
- Main article: Nightmare Chica
“A nightmare animatronic with a Chica design. Notably, Chica's cupcake can enter the bedroom and attack players there.”
- Main article: Nightmare Foxy
- Main article: Nightmare Fredbear
A nightmare counterpart of Fredbear. He first appeared in the fourth game, where he becomes active on Night 5.
- Main article: Nightmare
A stronger, "shadow" variant of Nightmare Fredbear. He first appeared in the fourth game, where he becomes active on Nightmare mode.
- Main article: Plushtrap
Nightmare Balloon Boy
- Main article: Nightmare Balloon Boy
- Main article: Nightmare Mangle
- Main article: Nightmarionne
A nightmare counterpart of the Puppet. It first appeared in the fourth game's Halloween Edition update as Nightmare's replacement.
- Main article: Jack-O-Bonnie
Halloween variant based on Nightmare Bonnie and designed after a jack o' lantern. He first appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 4 as Nightmare Bonnie's replacement for the Halloween Edition update.
- Main article: Jack-O-Chica
Halloween variant based on Nightmare Chica and designed after a jack o' lantern. She first appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 4 as Nightmare Chica's replacement for the Halloween Edition update. Her companion is Jack-O-Lantern, replacing Nightmare Cupcake.
- Main article: Dreadbear
Halloween variant of Nightmare Freddy and based on Frankenstein's monster. He appeared as the main antagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted's DLC Curse of Dreadbear.
- Main article: Grimm Foxy
Halloween variant based on Nightmare Foxy and designed after a jack o' lantern. He appeared as the secondary antagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted's DLC Curse of Dreadbear.
|"I was the first! I have seen everything!"
This section archives a lot of theories and speculation, which usually occurs from pre-release media, or just things that are still unknown, so please keep that in mind while reading. The page will continue to be updated with the most accurate information as more solid evidence is supplied.
|The following information contains spoilers. To view them, click the [show] tag.|
- When the nightmares were added as virtual MyMoji stickers to Quidd, there was a Nightmare Springtrap included with the others, although Springtrap does not canonically have a nightmare counterpart outside of Plushtrap in the series' universe. It was taken down after being notified that the character and design was based off of fanart.
- Similar to the phantoms, the Puppet, Mangle and BB are the only toy animatronics to receive nightmare counterparts.
- Aside from Nightmarionne, Nightmare Mangle and Nightmare Balloon Boy, most of the nightmare animatronics seem to bear a resemblance to their withered counterparts from Five Nights at Freddy's 2, aside from the teeth and eyes. The only exceptions are Nightmare Fredbear, Nightmare and Plushtrap.
- From the files for Security Breach, one of the unused collectibles is "Nightmare Helpy", implying Helpy was intended to have a nightmare counterpart.
- Unfortunately Toy Freddy will not be in the update, still a cool picture. - Scott Cawthon, Steam - October 26, 2015 @ 9:32 PM