|"I assure you, I am very real."
|“||Greetings from the fire, and from the one you should not have killed.||”|
— Jack-O-Chica, Ultimate Custom Night
The first notable difference is her color designs being completely orange in Halloween-style. Her skin color is dark golden rather than yellow. In place of her normal endoskeleton eyes, the eye sockets are quite brightly glowing orange, much like a jack o'lantern. A similar effect appears to have been applied to Jack-O-Chica's overall body, as it can be seen very prevalently around her shoulder sockets and tears from her stomach. Her endoskeleton head is entirely absent while her endoskeleton teeth remain. If one looks closely, they can see that her endoskeleton chest is also absent. Few glowing yellow tints can be seen from her teeth and mouth, allowing her endoskeleton jaw to glow in a little bit dimmed light. The only other noticeable difference is that Jack-O-Chica's feet and lower legs are slightly darker in color than that of Nightmare Chica's. The color of her beak is also darker. A texture for Jack-O-Chica's suit is slightly smoother with a lack of nearly-visible scratches, unlike Nightmare Chica. Her bib is the only feature that remains unchanged.
In place of Nightmare Chica's cupcake, a large green Jack o'lantern can be seen - from the Right Hall (while Jack-O-Chica's moving away when the player turns the flashlight on), the Extra menu, and even its jumpscare in the Bedroom. Interestingly, her Jack o'lantern is nearly identical to the actual pumpkin from the Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Halloween update where it can be seen on The Office desk. It has triangular eye-sockets with round eyes emitting a white glow and a nose like that of a stereotypical Jack-o'lantern, as well as a typical zig-zag mouth and an orange glow emitted from the inside.
Jack-O-Chica is cold hearted and ruthless, as evident by her quotes in Ultimate Custom Night. She is also shown to have a vengeful, yet mocking disposition.
Jack-O-Chica's behavior is almost exactly like her original variant. Interestingly, bright shining colors from within her body and head causes her to glow in the dark which can be seen while she's retreating from the Right Hall. The same effect goes to Jack-O-Bonnie.
While not counting her animation as she retreats from the Right Hall, the only difference about her jumpscare animation is the speed being slightly faster than her original variant, similar to Jack-O-Bonnie's own jumpscare animation speed. Her Jack o'lantern also shares the same speed limit as Nightmare Chica's cupcake while jumpscaring the player from the Bedroom and it seems to bounce on the floor few times before the "Game Over" screen displays.
- Nightmare Chica (as Jack-O-Chica) is one of the two nightmare animatronics to receive a recolored variant for the Halloween Edition, the other one being Nightmare Bonnie.
- The still image of Jack-O-Chica's jumpscare from the Halloween Edition's fifth teaser is incredibly brighter than from in-game.
- The first frame of Jack-O-Chica's jumpscare seems to be much different than the others (e.g, the "light" inside of her is less bright). It is unknown why this happens. Same goes to Jack-O-Bonnie.
- Jack-O-Chica, with Rockstar Chica, is Chica's only counterpart to equip something else instead of a cupcake.
- This is Chica's only counterpart to be seen throughout the game with a complete lack of eyes.
- Jack-O-Chica is one of the identical but recolored counterparts from the entire series. Others being Golden Freddy, Shadow Freddy, Shadow Bonnie, JJ, Lolbit, Bonnet, Electrobab, Jack-O-Bonnie, Nightmare, and all phantoms from the third game.
- This is the only antagonist in the series to not appear as an actual animatronic.
- When Jack-O-Chica retreats once seen, her reflection on the window disappears after she disappears from the hallway, even though her reflection on the window should still be there considering the angle and point that it is shown. The reflection vanishes as the animation of her leaving the hallway is not extended to include her fully disappearing from the mirror's reflection.
- In the Jack-o'lantern's jumpscare, it has an incorrect shape instead of the rounded one that it has in the Extras menu and that Jack-o'lanterns have in real life. This is because it is directly retextured from The Cupcake and has The Cupcake's shape.
Jack-O-Chica returns in Ultimate Custom Night as one of the many selectable characters.
|“||When the office heats up, she will appear in both halls at the same time. Close both doors to make her vanish. This won't work if the office is 100 degrees or more.||”|
— Menu description
The challenges in which Jack-O-Chica is present are as follows:
- Ladies Night 1
- Ladies Night 2
- Ladies Night 3
- Nightmares Attack
- Chaos 1
- From the Character Guide announcement on the game's Steam page, Scott describes the mechanics for Jack-O-Chica with his own words:
|“||She appears at both your left and right doors at the same time. Closing either door by itself will have no effect on her. Check your cameras and view the hallways on either side of you, when Jack-O-Chica is fully materialized at both doors, close both doors simultaneously to cause her to disappear. Keeping your office cool will prevent her from appearing. Jack-O-Chica only begins to appear when your office overheats. If the office if over 100 degree then closing the doors will have no effect.||”|
- Both of Jack-O-Chica's textures for the West Hall and East Hall are flipped horizontally.
- Along with Mangle, Nightmare Freddy, and Withered Chica, Jack-O-Chica is one of the few animatronics to mention "the one you should have not killed" to the player in her one death quote.
Five Nights at Freddy's 4
Ultimate Custom Night
Five Nights at Freddy's 4
The breathing sounds Jack-O-Chica makes when right outside the right door.
Ultimate Custom Night
|“||I am a burning reminder of your misdeeds.||”|
|“||Did things get really hot in here or is it just me?||”|
|“||Come and burn with me.||”|
|“||The fire within me burns eternal and now you shall as well.||”|
|“||Greetings from the fire, and from the one that you should not have killed.||”|