- Not what you were looking for? See Fredbear (disambiguation).
Fredbear's Family Diner, often abbreviated simply to "FFD", is the name of the fictional location that is mentioned in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, possibly makes appearances in Five Nights at Freddy's 3 during the Retro Minigames and is one of the main settings of the End-of-Night Minigames in Five Nights at Freddy's 4.
Fredbear's is a family diner, reminiscent of ShowBiz Pizza Place and Chuck E. Cheese's, in that Fredbear's Family Diner provides entertainment via singing and dancing animatronic mascots.
The primary mascot of Fredbear's Family Diner is Fredbear himself, accompanied by Spring Bonnie. The two characters are the precursors of Freddy Fazbear and Bonnie respectively, as both characters have golden colors.
Not much is currently known about Fredbear's Family Diner, although it is the setting of an incident in 1983, dubbed "The Bite of '83".
According to Phone Guy in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, the restaurant was named "Fredbear's Family Diner", presumably a local family restaurant, before closing under mysterious circumstances. By the time the events of the second game occur, the diner and its owner have been gone for years.
In Five Nights at Freddy's 3, Fredbear's Family Diner seemingly makes an appearance in the Stage01 minigame, given that Fredbear and Spring Bonnie are seen performing on the stage. However, Fredbear's behavior in this minigame is more reminiscent of Golden Freddy clipping through walls. This event appears to be only a representation (as Golden Freddy appears to be a decayed version of Fredbear throughout the series rather than the two existing at the same time), or otherwise takes place at an unknown point in time, like most of the retro minigames.
Finally, in Five Nights at Freddy's 4, the protagonist of the end-of-night minigames is usually seen in the diner (which is confirmed as being Fredbear's Family Diner due to the appearance of Fredbear and Spring Bonnie within the restaurant). It appears to consist of many features possessed by a normal Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, such as a Show Stage and Backstage. In the final minigame, the child ends up being shoved into Fredbear's jaw by his older brother and his brother's friends, only for Fredbear to clamp his jaw down on the child's head. This is the incident that would later be dubbed "The Bite of '83" by fans of the series, and is presumably at least one reason why the diner closed mysteriously.
In Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location, when using the Breaker Panel on Night 2, the map-layout of the diner, along with the house from the fourth game's end-of-night minigames, can be seen on the left side of the monitor. The diner appears as a small rectangular-shaped building with two gray dots within (representing Fredbear and Spring Bonnie on their stage).
Fredbear & Friends!Fredbear & Friends! is a television show aired in 1983. It consists of Fredbear, Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy. In Five Nights at Freddy's 4, this occurs in the end-of-night minigame after beating Night 1 if the player presses "ENTER" on their keyboard while in front of the television.
|"I was the first! I have seen everything!"|
This article or section contains a lot of speculation, which usually occurs from pre-release media, or just things that are still unknown, so please keep that in mind while reading. The page will continue to be updated with the most accurate information as more solid evidence is supplied.
Five Nights at Freddy's 2
From Party Room 4, some believe that the paper plate dolls of Freddy and Bonnie represents Fredbear and Spring Bonnie while the representation of the "Paperpal" (a paper plate doll based on the unconfirmed character) remains unknown, even though their colors are matched to Freddy and Bonnie. While it was unclear what "Paperpal" really represented, some even believed that it represented JJ (also known as Balloon Girl), as they speculated that she was BB's early design, although it was unknown if she was an animatronic in Fredbear's Family Diner. Due to the lack of any clear evidence, it is unknown if this theory is true. Ever since JJ was given her official name and appeared in both FNaF World and Ultimate Custom Night, she has had no relation to the diner in any way.
Furthermore, some speculate that the "Take Cake to the Children" death minigame possibly takes place in the original Fredbear's Family Diner.
Some theories also state that Shadow Freddy and Shadow Bonnie from the second game were the souls of employees who died in springlock animatronics, due to their "malfunctions" from Fredbear's Family Diner. Furthermore, some theorized that both of the shadows represent Fredbear and Spring Bonnie themselves, respectively.
Five Nights at Freddy's 3
From CAM 04, where the picture of a gold-frosted Cupcake replaces Toy Bonnie's picture on rare occasions, it was speculated by some that this drawing hints at a golden-colored Cupcake appearing in Fredbear's Family Diner as the golden Cupcake, Fredbear, and Spring Bonnie all have golden colors. However, it was unknown if the golden Cupcake did appear in the diner, as a "diner" counterpart of Chica has never been seen.
In the game, the Springlock suits are said to have been used under Fazbear Entertainment, despite supposedly being an independent entity. It is heavily speculated that there was a springlock suit version of Freddy Fazbear, unlike Fredbear who was merely a precursor. This is evident from the Stage01 minigame, in which a yellow bear is seen next to Spring Bonnie, wearing Freddy's black top hat and clothing. This is unlike Fredbear who is only known to have purple items of clothing in his confirmed appearances, as opposed to black. However, it is now largely believed that the bear in the minigame is Fredbear, with the change in clothing color being an error or minor alteration, as the bear's behavior in the minigame (clippling through walls) has been interpreted as matching Golden Freddy's.
- Before Five Nights at Freddy's 4 was confirmed to take place in 1983, many fans believed it to be set in 1987.
- Like Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, Fredbear's Family Diner is reminiscent of, and could have been inspired by, Chuck E. Cheese's, a real-life family entertainment center that also sells pizza, caters parties, and features an animatronic band of singing mascots (Munch's Make-Believe Band).
- Fredbear's could quite possibly be the sister location mentioned in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, as it contains the springlock suits mentioned during Phone Guy's calls.
- Every night since Night 2 of Five Nights at Freddy's 3, Phone Guy says: "As always, remember to smile; you are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza." confirming that the springlock animatronics were also a part of the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza franchise.
- The name "Fredbear" may be a nod to the development of Five Nights at Freddy's, as in the alpha and beta stages, Freddy Fazbear was then called Freddybear. This can be seen in the game's internal code, as well as the Kickstarter page for the very first game.
- From the fifth teaser for Five Nights at Freddy's 4 featuring Nightmare Fredbear's hat and bowtie, when brightened, text becomes visible on the bottom right. The text reads "Property of Fr - er". Some believe that this is "Property of Fredbear's Family Diner".
- In the Halloween Edition of the fourth game, Fredbear's Family Diner has Halloween decorations such as bats, cobwebs and a more Halloween-themed coloring.
- In The Freddy Files (even the Updated Edition), there is an obvious error referring to Fredbear's Family Diner as Freddy Fazbear's Pizza instead.