Due to its success and popularity, the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise gained a colossal number of cameos, references, parodies, and other sources of popular culture.
- In Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion, there is a room based on the Office, with a chair, table, fan, and a phone. There is a direct reference to Phone Guy, when a person's voice heard from the phone will say "Hello" in different tones, and occasionally telling the player not to look directly at the fan.
- The Unknown Specimen 2, alternatively named as "Otto the Otter", is also a reference to the Five Nights at Freddy's animatronics.
- In Fleeing the Complex, one of the Henry Stickmin games, Freddy Fazbear makes a cameo in the Presumed Dead ending. After Henry flees from the alerted human guards to a murky building, Freddy appeared in the darkness with glowing eyes and mouth, playing the Toreador March music.
- The Game Over screen message shown is "That wasn't scary...". In addition, if the player stays on the Game Over screen for a couple of moments, the player will be jumpscared with a poorly drawn Freddy Fazbear, and get the Medal: "Spooked".
- In Emily is Away, if inserting "Freddy" in the search name box, Freddy Fazbear's profile picture is enabled.
- When using Freddy's profile picture, Emily will say in the following:
- "Come on down to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza! We've got food and entertainment for the whole family! And you've never seen anything quite like our animatronics. :)"
- In Creepy Castle, Chica appeared as one of the playable characters. She was added when Scott donated to the game's Kickstarter page.
- In Team Fortress 2, in the release of the "End of the Line" update, the unused texture for the Duck Journal has a "LET'S EAT!!!" text, a bib phrase from Chica.
- In Pixel Gun 3D, the enemies in Terrifying Resort, Scary Pizzeria, and Area (Wave 5), are a reference to the Five Nights at Freddy's animatronics; Terrifying Bear (Freddy), Terrifying Fox (Foxy), Walking Duck (Chica), Terrifying Rabbit (Bonnie), Balloon Boy, and other animatronic enemies not being based on the Five Nights at Freddy's characters.
- The Scary Pizzeria area contains textures and decoration props to bear references to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.
- In The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, one of the Afterbirth † DLC achievements, titled "5 Nights at Mom's", is a reference to the Five Nights at Freddy's series.
- In Bulb Boy, some animatronics made their cameo appearance:
- Chica as a duck toy is seen in the bathroom area at the bottom left.
- Balloon Boy's head briefly appears in the cutscene when Bulb Boy swims to the glasshouse.
- Freddy Fazbear's head with a pizza on it can also be seen in a box after the Greenhouse boss.
- In Goosebumps: The Game, there is a note left behind a security guard in the mall and can be picked up. The note is worded eerily similar to Phone Guy's phone messages from the first Five Nights at Freddy's game:
- "Hello. I wanted to jot down a quick message to help you get settled on your first night. I actually worked at the mall before you--it's my last week now."
- In Mortal Kombat X, Tremor's "It's Me Tremor" brutality to turn the other fighter into a statue of gold is likely a reference to Golden Freddy and the "It's Me" phrase.
- In Troll Face Quest Video Games, there is a level where Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica pops up whenever the player shines their flashlight, resulting in failure. To beat this level, the player must change their face to a trollface in order to scare the animatronics.
- In the mobile app game I Love You to Bits, Freddy Fazbear appears in the attic location within the house level.
- In Deltarune, there is a "Ice-E's Pezza" area that acts like a reminiscent to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, with Ice-E's bear-like face strongly resembles Freddy Fazbear.
- When speaking with Burgerpants who is outside of the restaurant, Purple Guy (William Afton's nickname) is mentioned when Burgerpants describes the purple dinosaur wearing Ice-E's mask:
- "Purple Guy — Man, THAT GUY, you gotta... ... actually, does that guy even work here?"
- From the indie RPG horror game No Delivery, a lot of Five Nights at Freddy's Easter Eggs and references can be found:
- The attack method for the endoskeleton enemy is called "Springlock", which references the animatronics' springlock suits.
- There is a mascot animatronic who bears some resemblance to Circus Baby.
- Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica appeared in three "EAT!!" posters.
- During Twitch streaming on 2018, one of the Dead by Daylight developers, Sarah, expresses her interest in a Five Nights at Freddy's-based killer for the game's future update. As of now, no further details regarding Dead by Daylight's future killer based on the Five Nights at Freddy's series are given.
- In the mobile game Good Pizza, Great Pizza, a "CELEBRATE!" poster of the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza gang, titled "Scary Bear Poster", can be purchased.
- In the Resident Evil 2 remake, from The Ghost Survivors DLC, there is an office where one of the golden Mr. Raccoon bobblehead toys is found. The office consists of a phone, fan, a load of security televisions, and a pizza box. The office's decoration heavily implies to reference Five Nights at Freddy's, while this golden Mr. Raccoon bobblehead in the same location references Golden Freddy.
- In Mr. Hopp's Playhouse, when unlocking the safe by inputting 1-9-8-7, Golden Freddy's head in his withered appearance will be revealed.
- From the indie horror game Play With Me, in the kitchen, pizza boxes printed with Freddy Fazbear's head can be found on the kitchen counter.
- In Goosebumps HorrorTown, there is a large neon sign with a robot on top, whose design appearance is heavily based on Freddy himself, albeit the red cheeks, lacking his hat and bowtie, and much sharper teeth.
- In Pizza Tower, an upcoming game, there will be a FNaF based level called Kids' Party.
- There is also an animatronic version of the main character that follows you during the level.
- In Disney XD's Gravity Falls, from the Season 2 episode "Soos and the Real Girl", the Hoo-Ha Owl's Pizzamatronic Jamboree animatronics, their creep-factor, and corruptible aggression (controlled by .GIFfany) appear to look like a reminiscent or spoof to the actual Five Nights at Freddy's animatronics. However, this is apparently a whole misconception as the "Soos and the Real Girl" episode was written and in development long before the release of the first game. Several crew members of the show have also denied the connection, mentioning the Rock-afire Explosion from the ShowBiz Pizza restaurant chain as the inspiration.
- In Nickelodeon's animated Netflix show Glitch Techs, the 3rd Season 2 episode "Ralphie Bear Is Back" is remarkably a parody of Five Nights at Freddy's. The episode sets in a family pizza restaurant with the animatronic band, which includes Ralphie Bear (a Freddy Fazbear-lookalike cowboy animatronic) and Cakey Von Smasher (another animatronic who look like a beefed-up Puppet in a dress). The animatronics in this episode become hostile to anyone in the pizzeria at nighttime due to the glitch. There is also a scene where Hector Nieves (High Five) used the pizzeria's security cameras in a strong fashionable way to one of the Five Nights at Freddy's series' recurring gameplay subjects.
- In the episode of Be Cool Scooby-Doo! called "Pizza O'Possum's", the monster of the day is similar to the animatronics, however it turns out to be controlled by a girl named Lydia.
- In the Brazilian comic Turma da Mônica Jovem (Monica Teen in English translation), the 99th edition named O Parque Assombrado (The Haunted Park in English translation) contains many references of Five Nights at Freddy's.
- In the Steven Universe comic, on issue #05, the plush toys of Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica appeared briefly in one picture.
- theMeatly, a comic artist and the creator of the Bendy franchise, posted a comic of his mascot character "playing" Five Nights at Freddy's while giving it a review score. This comic was made in August 2014 since the first game's release.
- In the MAD comic of 2017, there is a paper-plate face of Golden Freddy as a part of the Halloween decorations seen in the Peanuts Halloween TV special parody comic.
- In the French comic Les Légendaires Parodia (The Legendaries: Parodia in English translation), from Page 14 "L'amour est dans le prêt", Freddy Fazbear's doll is seen as a cameo.
- One of the animatronics also bears a precise resemblance to Chica.
- In IDW's Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Captain Marvel - Halloween Spooktacular #1, some animatronics who scare the heroes Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, and Ms. Marvel, bear resemblance to the original animatronics from Five Nights at Freddy's.
- In the horror/comedy film Blood Fest, the "CELEBRATE!" poster is briefly seen in the background of this one scene.
- The 2018 short Hulu horror film The Hug, besides having ShowBiz Pizza references, seems to be a homage to the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise as the movie took place in the pizzeria with a bear animatronic (named Pandory) appearing "normal" on the outside but has a much rather sinister side. The mention of Pandory devouring child victims to keep them inside itself is mildly similar to the first Five Nights at Freddy's game where the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza animatronics seek to stuff the security guard into an animatronic suit, although the victims in The Hug were kept imprisoned for eternity instead of dying.
- In the humor/parody trading card series Wacky Packages, from the 2017 line, there is a card of the "Freddy's Glow-in-the-Dark Spinning Bowtie" product, with Freddy himself and the "Guaranteed for five nights!" text quoted by Foxy. What real-life product this parody card was based on is unknown.
- Freddy Fazbear, titled "5 Nights at Farts", appeared as a "slime-pooped" toy part of Series 1 line of The Hangrees, a parody product brand of toys based on characters from popular media.
- The series has few known cameos in official images from the Steam website.
- The sticker of Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica is used as one of the many collectible Summer stickers for the Steam Summer Sale Sticker Book on Summer 2017.
- Freddy's head is seen on top of the refrigerator inside the garage from the Spring Cleaning Event wallpaper on Summer 2019.
- Butch Hartman, the creator of Nickelodeon series like The Fairly OddParents and Danny Phantom, tweeted a Five Nights at Freddy's x The Fairly OddParents crossover art of Denzel Crocker being spooked by the animatronics.
- The fast-food sandwich restaurant chain Arby's tweeted an image of a Freddy Fazbear Mask made out of cardboard on November 13, 2016.
- On October 29, 2019, Arby's tweeted a video, showing the inside of the restaurant with the surveillance monitor in a style to the Five Nights at Freddy's games. Freddy Fazbear then jumpscares at the end of the video.
- Airdorf, the creator of the horror game trilogy FAITH, tweeted an image of William Afton's SAVETHEM minigame sprite edited to look like FAITH's protagonist John Ward for the "Man Behind the Slaughter" meme.
- In YouTube Rewind: Now Watch Me 2015, there is a Five Nights at Freddy's scene starring Markiplier. The scene includes the Toreador March music playing from the scene's start, Freddy and Chica's appearance, and taking place inside a pizzeria-like building. The scene begins at 2:47 and ends at 3:15.
- In the GlorpDieBlorp plays "Ten Tuesdays at Tinkles" video from Adult Swim's animated sitcom TV series Rick and Morty, the horror game Ten Tuesdays at Tinkles GlorpDieBlorp plays is a direct parody of the Five Nights at Freddy's game. Both with similar title and gameplay, and capable of looking through security cameras with a monitor map in nearly identical design.
- In Chuck E. Cheese's Halloween Special video Halloween at the Pizza Time Theatre, the video contains a few of elements appearing to reference Five Nights at Freddy's: the night-shift security guard who works there five nights a week; the office with security monitors and vertically-closing door; and a small group of living, hostile animatronics (with few similar features such as wide-eye sockets and decaying exteriors).
- The animatronics appear in Yo Mama.
- There many fights involving the animatronics in Cartoon Fight Club.
- In an episode of Fan War!!!, Freddy appears where he fights Akakabuto and lost.
- The animatronics appear a few times in Annoying Orange.
- In a music video for Bulletproof by the rock band From Ashes to New, a Nightmare Foxy plush can be seen in the background of the little girl's bedroom in multiple parts of the video.
- The Five Nights at Freddy's franchise appeared in the Guinness Book of Records: Gamer's Edition 2017, breaking the record for the largest amount of sequels released in a year.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.