- Not what you were looking for? See Freddy (disambiguation).
Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted, alternately known as FNaF VR, is a virtual-reality Five Nights at Freddy's game that is published by Steel Wool Studios with Scott Cawthon's help. It was first announced on August 19, 2018. It released on May 28th, 2019 for Playstation VR, Steam, and Oculus Rift, and it is the first game to be officially rated by the ESRB, being T.
Five Nights at Freddy’s VR: Help Wanted is a virtual reality experience for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. FNaF VR: HW is a collection of classic and original mini-games set in the Five Nights universe. Survive terrifying encounters with your favorite killer animatronics in a collection of new and classic FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY’S™ experiences. “Where fantasy and fun come to life!”
YOU’RE HIRED - Time to get your hands dirty. Repair claustrophobic ventilation systems, troubleshoot broken animatronics that could activate at any moment, or spend your evenings cowering in the nighttime security guard office.
CELEBRATE - Confront your favorite killer animatronics including; Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, Springtrap, The Mangle, Funtime Foxy, and Circus Baby.
FUN FUN PRIZES - Toys, Plushies, Bobbleheads, and candy candy candy! Earn super fun prizes you can play with at the interactive Prize Counter! Collect well hidden Faz-Tokens to unlock even more rare collectibles for more SUPER FUN FUN FUN.
PIZZA PARTY - Scenes from classic titles have been updated and remade for a fully immersive VR experience including; Five Nights at Freddy’s, Five Nights at Freddy’s 2, Five Nights at Freddy’s 3, Five Nights at Freddy’s 4, and Five Nights at Freddy’s: Sister Location.
There is a total of 40 playable minigames in the game as of now with three of them being featured in the demo. After completing the mini-games, players can replay them again in a nightmare mode of some sorts, which cranks up the difficulty and distraction in every game. Upon fully completing the game, players are treated to an end game which expands upon the lore of the games.
- PlushBaby - As confirmed by Scott Cawthon, the small Babys featured in a teaser are known as "PlushBaby", something he describes as monstrous and says they are, "the best original addition to any game ever." In the trailer of the game, they are briefly seen in the closet, convulsing violently. There will be at least three variations: A normal one, a PlushBaby with a blue skirt, and a Golden PlushBaby without one eye.
- Glitchtrap - Within the game, an unknown animatronic is described roaming the pizzeria. Tape Girl's tapes describe it as a rabbit-like figure in the hall, staring through the glass, unlike Chica, in a manner that appeared as if it was watching her every move.
- Dreadbear - Dreadbear is a new character added in the Halloween DLC, Curse of Dreadbear. It is a Frankenstein's monster-inspired animatronic which resembles either Freddy Fazbear or Fredbear in appearance.
Curse of Dreadbear
Curse of Dreadbear is an upcoming Halloween-themed DLC of the game. It is estimated to be released around Halloween 2019. This DLC features new gameplay and a new animatronic called Dreadbear.
The game was met with positive reviews from critics, holding a score of 81 out of 100 on Metacritic.
- Released on June 4, 2019. Added DRM to patch an exploit.
- Fixed a potential crash when obtaining the final Trophy.
- Fixed an issue where you could loose your hands and crash when eating items or throwing them in the garbage.
- Fixed issues with Freddy and Foxy at the door on the FNAF 1 Night 5 level.
- Office cameras update every frame.
- All prizes can be won on any minigame now.
- Fake coin removed in the Circus Baby level.
- Fixed an issue where coin prizes wouldn't unlock until you had one more than the required amount.
- Improved performance and reduced memory usage of cameras in FNAF 1, 2 and 3 for oculus.
- Fixed possible crash when attempting to put on the Freddy mask in FNAF 2 levels.
- Fixed several animatronics still attacking after 6AM.
- Fixed issue with 8 ball falling through the floor.
- Fixed 6AM display screen for night terror levels and plush baby.
- Fixed issue with screen going black and not being able to use the flashlight when holding the door shut in night terror levels.
- Fixed possible instant jumpscare in funtime foxy nightmare mode.
- Fixed an issue in Mangle interacting with levers too quickly.
- Fixed possibility of throwing pizza in the trash resulting in failure on Repair Chica.
- Fixed an issue with the cupcake never reappearing in Repair Chica.
- Added player height adjustment using left stick on oculus and left touchpad on vive.
- Subtitles are stopped when audio is skipped in Mangle and Ennard levels.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Freddy mask to get stuck on the player's head.
- Funtime Foxy will no longer clip through the wall.
- In FNAF 1 through 3 the phone can now properly be muted.
- In FNAF 1 Foxy will no longer attack after power outage.
Language Support (Patch 4)
Released on June 9, 2019, the language support is implemented, with:
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
- Brazilian Portuguese
Patch ? (August 24, 2019)
- The image of the withered animatronic cast is seen in the TV screen upon pressing the Exotic Butters' button from the Prize Counter.
Patch ? (September 14, 2019)
- A new Blacklight Mode level for the FNAF 2 mode is added, featuring all four withered animatronics.
- The TV screen's image from the Prize Counter shows a mysterious image that looks like a monitor screen with a reaching animatronic arm.
|FNAF 1||FNAF 2||FNAF 3||Dark Rooms||Parts and Service||Vent Repair||Night Terrors|
|Virtual Experience||Prize Counter||Tape Room|
- On March 11, 2019, a teaser, a portion of the box art for the game, was uploaded on Scott's website. Fans, however, soon realized that half of the animatronics from the teaser art were questionably traced from fan-made renders (noticeably Funtime Foxy and Spring Bonnie). A few hours later, Scott took the teaser down and sent an apology and revealed some gameplay details about Help Wanted.
- The deleted teaser reveals hidden messages when brightened:
"Don't listen to them."
"We let something inside."
"It was an accident."
- The source code for Scottgames.com had a set of scrambled numbers and letters, which would reveal black and white images of the game. Seven images were found as a result, though one of them remained unrelated to the VR game itself.
- In the trailer, Nightmare Fredbear had brown fur and a black top hat/bow tie, similar to Nightmare Freddy, rather than the yellow/gold fur and purple top hat/bow tie that he had in all other games, he was also missing his buttons on his stomach. According to Scott, this was because the trailer was made a long time ago, and the models were unfinished at the time, which explains Nightmare Fredbear's off color scheme.
- This is the first title to be made in a game engine other than Clickteam Fusion 2.5, as Help Wanted is made in Unreal Engine 4.
- This is the first title to have been developed by another company, rather than by Scott Cawthon.
- This is the first game in the Five Nights at Freddy's series to be published on a console.
- Scott Cawthon planned to have a website to advertise the fake company that help create the The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience, Silver Parasol Games, but decided not to do it because he did not what to blur the line between fact and fiction. 
- This was still left in the game in early builds, however, resulting in somebody creating a fan-made website idea that featured a developer named Jeremy. This was debated on until Scott eventually disproved it.
- This is the first game in the series to have subtitles, and is also the first game to have different language support as well.
- ↑ Upcoming Projects Mega Thread! :: Ultimate Custom Night General Discussions - Scott Cawthon. August 19, 2018. Steam
- ↑ Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted for PlayStation 4 Reviews - Metacritic
- ↑ ‘Five Nights at Freddy’s VR: Help Wanted’ Features More Detailed Frights - 
- ↑ "Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted on Metacritic". metacritic.com. Retrieved on June 6, 2019.
- ↑ Sorry guys. : fivenightsatfreddys - Scott Cawthon. March 11, 2019. Reddit
- ↑ Update on the VR situation. : fivenightsatfreddys - Scott Cawthon. March 13, 2019. Reddit
- ↑ there is a fine line between crafting an in-game story and just outwardly lying about something. I didn’t want to cross that line.