Contains content deemed as not canon to the overall lore
- Were you looking for the troll game FNaF World: Halloween Edition or the Halloween Update Backstage area from FNaF World's Update 2?
- For a similar DLC with Halloween themes, see Curse of Dreadbear.
The Halloween Update is a free optional "DLC"-like update for Five Nights at Freddy's 4 that was patched in October 30, 2015 before the next day of Halloween, which updates the game to v1.1.
This update feature is not included in the original mobile port. The Standard Edition feature is available in all three home consoles.
There are two versions by launch choice: the Standard Edition with new features canonical to the lore, and a special, non-canonical Halloween Edition that was made for fun for Halloween seasons.
A couple of new features are added to the Extra menu, and can be used or played to achieve more stars. These are unlocked after completing the 20/20/20/20 mode.
- Cheats, there are three cheats to enable:
- House Map - A small map appears, revealing locations of every animatronic.
- Fast Nights - Nights are half as long.
- Danger Indicator - The game will flash a warning sign, signalling that the nightmare animatronic is near to the bedroom.
- Challenges, there are four challenges to master:
- Blind Mode - The entire screen is pitch black for the entire night.
- Mad Freddy - Freddy always has 3 Freddles active.
- Insta-Foxy - Foxy is in the closet from the start of the night.
- All Nightmare - Nightmare will be the only enemy of the entire night.
- Fun with Balloon Boy, a new alternate "Fun with Plushtrap" minigame featuring a new nightmare animatronic: Nightmare Balloon Boy.
This version contains addition of cheats, challenges, and a new minigame just like the Standard Edition. However, a half of everything are also replaced or reskinned for Halloween themes.
- Jack-O-Bonnie - Replaces Nightmare Bonnie.
- Jack-O-Chica - Replaces Nightmare Chica.
- Nightmare Mangle - Replaces Nightmare Foxy.
- Nightmarionne - Replaces Nightmare.
- Nightmare Balloon Boy - Replaces Plushtrap for the "Fun with Balloon Boy" minigame in between each nights.
The end-of-night minigames are implemented with Halloween props, like Jack o' lanterns, hanging bats, and cobwebs. Furthermore, some standard colors for the environments are altered in Halloween-style (such as orange and black).
The update's production started around early October 2015. On October 15, 2015, the first teaser for the Halloween Edition was added, featuring the jawless head of Jack-O-Bonnie. The teaser's file name is "
Later on, each one teaser gets uploaded after every 3 days. On October 20, 2015, Scott published the second teaser featuring Nightmare Balloon Boy. When brightened, it has a dark red text on the top, saying "HELLO?". The teaser's file name, just like the first, is "
On October 23, 2015, Scott uploaded the third teaser, which shows an image of the Freddy plush on what's possibly a darker version of the Bed. Brightening up this image will reveal Nightmarionne. The teaser's file name is "
On October 26, 2015, Scott uploaded the fourth teaser, which shows a pitch-black image with a bloody orange font text reading "COME HANG OUT". Brightening up this image will reveal Nightmare Mangle. The teaser's file name is "
On October 29, 2015, Scott uploaded the fifth and final teaser to the Halloween update, with shows the image changed to that of a still frame of Jack-O-Chica's Right Hall jumpscare. Furthermore, the same styled font text reads "SEE YOU SOON". The teaser's file name is "
The update was eventually released on the night of October 30, 2015, a day off of the original release.
- The font that was used for some Halloween Update teasers is Needleteeth.
- Before the update launches, Scott stated that the Halloween Edition would have been available separately at Game Jolt if the two release choices are not functioning right.
- The edition's Game Jolt page was, in fact, available once and expected to come out on October 20th for free but only for a limited time. Upon its discovery, Scott quickly removed it, and remain permanently deleted with the following launch success of the update's release options.
- Before the update's release, one of the fans in the Steam discussion board requested to add a nightmarish counterpart of Toy Freddy, along with the other toy animatronics, but Scott himself denied it.
- This post was referenced by Toy Freddy's attack pattern in Ultimate Custom Night.
- The file name for the third teaser image, "dontwakethebaby", is likely a nod to Markiplier. During his Five Nights at Freddy's 2 gameplay, he called the Puppet "baby", and usually said "Don't wake the baby" for "Don't let the Puppet out of the music box".
|The following information contains spoilers. To view them, click the [show] tag.|