- Not what you were looking for? See Five Nights at Freddy's (disambiguation).
- Or were you looking for the mobile versions or the Troll version.
“There was never just one.”
Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location is an indie point-and-click survival horror game developed by Scott Cawthon, and the fifth installment of the Five Nights at Freddy's series. The game is a sequel to Five Nights at Freddy's 4.
Unlike the first four games, the fifth game has a major change in gameplay - instead of the player being stuck in one room and fending off animatronics, the player can now free-roam and explore areas.
Welcome to Circus Baby's Pizza World, where family fun and interactivity go beyond anything you've seen at those *other* pizza places! With cutting-edge animatronic entertainers that will knock your kids' socks off, as well as customized pizza catering, no party is complete without Circus Baby and the gang!
Now hiring: Late night technician. Must enjoy cramped spaces and be comfortable around active machinery. Not responsible for death or dismemberment.
The game was first teased back in April 2016, with a single image of the title and the animatronic, Circus Baby, on Scott's site; several more teaser images would eventually follow. A later trailer revealed the release date of October 7, 2016.
As part of the ongoing hype, Scott developed several "hoaxes" that kept conversations going. The first was dropped in August on his site, suggesting the game had been canceled due to leaks. However, fans soon discovered that the cancellation image, once lightened, revealed a news article detailing the closing of the in-game location due to gas leaks.
The second "hoax" was much closer to the release date, in which Scott suggested he would have to work on the game for longer than anticipated due to its darker storyline, which would not be appropriate for younger players. Three days later, just as initially promised, the game released.
Unlike the previous games, Sister Location has some free roam, and has players complete a series of objectives depending on which night it is, the list of which can be found here.
A total of 8 stars can be unlocked in the fifth game's two modes.
There are 4 stars to unlock in the general plot.
- Beat Night 5 for the Real Ending. (See here for strategy)
- Complete Circus Baby's death minigame. (See here for strategy)
- Beat Night 5 in the Private Room for the Fake Ending. (See Night 5 for strategy)
- Beat the Golden Freddy mode on V. Hard difficulty.*
In the Custom Night mode, 4 more stars can be achieved. See Night 6 for strategies.
- Beat all presets on Easy difficulty.
- Beat all presets on Normal difficulty.
- Beat all presets on Hard difficulty.
- Beat all presets on V. Hard difficulty.
- * The Custom Night must be unlocked before achieving the fourth star.
The game received mostly positive reviews. Metacritic gave it an 8.1/10, with TechRaptor rating it the highest at a 9. Destructoid appeared to have the lowest, a 6, citing pacing and continued reliance on the tropes that made the original a success.
- The names of the animatronics who appeared in the game were unintentionally leaked prior to the release of the game from Scott Cawthon's copyright catalog.
- The name of the game foreshadowed the central plot of the game as the protagonist Michael Afton in this game is attempting to rescue his sister Elizabeth at the location.
- This is one of the three games in the clickteam series where Scott Cawthon does not voice any of the characters on-screen or off-screen with the other games being Five Nights at Freddy's 4 and Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator.
|Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location Media|