- Not what you were looking for? See Fazbear Frights (disambiguation).
Fazbear Frights is an anthology series of mystery horror novels in the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise. The books are written by Scott Cawthon with various authors and published by Scholastic Inc. First announced around September 2019 by Scott's now abandoned upcoming project mega-thread post from Steam, the series began on December 26, 2019 with the release of the first book - Into the Pit, and the series canonically concluded on November 2, 2021 with the release of the final book - Prankster.
Each book contains three short stories as well as the Stitchwraith Stingers, with a total of thirty four stories spanning across the eleven installments. The series also include recurring characters from the franchise, along with new faces (e.g.: Fetch and Ralpho) who only exist in the universe of Fazbear Frights. The series' canonicity is unclear on whether some or all of these stories take place in a previously established game and novel continuity, or in their own universe. The general consensus is that certain aspects of the stories can be used as metaphors and parallels to the game and novel worlds that could potentially answer unsolved questions from both universes.
The first collection box set was published on September 1, 2020. The second collection box set was released sometime in 2021. A third collection box set was released on April 19, 2022. It includes all the books of the series, including a twelfth book that includes previously scrapped stories. Scott stated that while the twelfth book won't get a separate physical version, it will be available as an e-book in the future, which was released on April 19, 2022. Sometime during December 2021, a book that contained the original three Fazbear Frights books all in one was released as a Walmart exclusive, containing nine stories and over 700 pages.
On July 2, 2021, it was stated by Scholastic and ComicBooks.com that the Fazbear Frights series would be getting their own graphic novels. The order of certain stories is set to be changed.
Several, if not all, stories told in Fazbear Frights are not isolated in their relation to one another. For more information, see Timeline (Fazbear Frights).
Graphic Novel Collection #1
|September 6, 2022||Into the Pit|
To Be Beautiful
Out of Stock
Graphic Novel Collection #2
|March 7, 2023||Fetch|
Room for One More
The New Kid
- All books have an official audiobook released through Scholastic and narrated by Suzanne Elise Freeman.
- Initially, the audiobooks did not include the epilogues at the end of each book. However, this seems to have been fixed around January 2021.
- The series' title is named after Fazbear's Fright: The Horror Attraction, which is the main setting of Five Nights at Freddy's 3.
- The series' topic idea may have appeared to be similar to the ongoing children's horror book series Goosebumps, and more specifically its spin-off Goosebumps Triple Header as both are Scholastic's horror book series with each book containing three short stories.
- Scott originally planned to have the series to include only five books, however this was changed.
- The books' cover arts are illustrated by LadyFiszi. LadyFiszi had also illustrated the illustrations of Spring Bonnie, Eleanor, and Funtime Freddy from the first novel, which were removed due to lacking color.
- If the illustrations weren't scrapped, then more could've presumably been done for the other ten novels.
- Upcoming Projects Mega-Thread! :: Ultimate Custom Night :: Steam
- Twitter - Scott confirms that Fazbear Frights #12 will become an e-book
|The Five Nights at Freddy's Franchise|