- Not what you were looking for? See the FNaF World characters: Chipper's Revenge, Mr. Chipper, or Auto Chipper.
El Chip is a Mexican-themed animatronic and a mascot of El Chip's Fiesta Buffet, the unseen Mexican cuisine location. He first appeared in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator.
El Chip is a beaver animatronic modeled after the rockstar animatronics with dark brown colors, and a lighter orange/tan color for the muzzle, toes, knees, eyebrows, belly plate, and the ear insides. He has lime-green eyes, two pair of buck teeth, a black nose, rosy reddish-orange cheeks and eyelids, small round ears, and a broad flat tail.
For Hispanic styles, El Chip plays a mandolin and wears a large yellow/red triangle-patterned sombrero with two yellow straps on the center cone and decorated around with small pearl-shaped light-bulbs.
- El Chip seems to be strongly based on the main character of Scott Cawthon's old game Chipper & Sons Lumber Co., Mr. Chipper who is also a beaver. The name Chip is furthermore possibly short for Chipper.
- Based on the accessories, this is the first animatronic to have themes related to one of the different regions - Mexico. Despite being a beaver, however, beavers in real-life are not native to the country of Mexico.
- According to Scott during the interview for the franchise's 4th anniversary of 2018, it was stated that the beaver animatronic was originally intended to appear in the first game as the main antagonist instead of Freddy, but due to being too "on the nose" from Chipper in one of Scott's games, Scott decided to scrap that idea. The beaver animatronic is possibly recycled for El Chip, albeit with a different role.
Ultimate Custom Night
- From the Character Guide announcement on the game's Steam page, Scott describes the mechanics for El Chip with his own words:
“El Chip is just a cameo mascot when he appears at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. His real passion lies in authentic Mexican cuisine. He isn't here to jumpscare you, but he may interrupt your night with some jarringly colorful advertisements for El Chip's Fiesta Buffet. Click "Skip" or press ENTER to get rid of the invasive advertisements before you lose control of what's going on in your office!”
- Due to El Chip's Fiesta Buffet being a Hispanic restaurant, the texts from all of El Chip's advertisement images are in Español instead of regular English.
- "¡Comamos!" translates to "Let's eat!", referencing Chica's bib.
- "Vamos a jugar" translates to "Let's go play!", referencing Mangle's quote from its poster seen from the second game, "Let's play!"
- "Vamos a bailar" translates to "Let's go dance!", similar to the text for Ballora's poster from Sister Location, "Let's dance!".
- It was implied that El Chip’s buffet restaurant has a rivalry with Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, as one of El Chip’s ads depicts kids trying to smack open a Freddy Fazbear piñata, and the piñata has a worried look on its "face".