- Not what you were looking for? See Freddy (disambiguation).
- Or were you looking for Help Wanted's DLC Curse of Dreadbear, or the DLC's hub mode?
Dreadbear, also known as Franken Freddy in the early developing version, is the titular antagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted's DLC, Curse of Dreadbear. He is one of the two new animatronics introduced in the DLC mode, with the other being Grimm Foxy.
Dreadbear's appearance is similar to that of the classic horror movie icon Frankenstein's monster, sharing properties such as screws stuck to his jaw and stitches all around the body. He's also similar to Nightmare Freddy in terms of his head shape, but with flatter teeth, thicker brows, and bright yellow eyes.
Like the nightmare animatronics, he supports five clawed fingers, but has three-toed feet that are similar in fashion to the toy animatronics.
Dreadbear can be seen staring at the player from the title logo in the DLC's title screen. He can also be seen in the game over screen, seemingly reaching out towards the player. Sometimes, he will appear on the level selection hub if the player idles for long enough.
Danger! Keep Out!
Dreadbear appears in Night 3 of Danger! Keep Out!, where he behaves similarly to Freddy Fazbear. He starts on the stage and approaches from the right side. As he travels through the pizzeria, the player must flash him on the cameras to stop him from reaching the right door. Unlike the other animatronics, Dreadbear's progress doesn't reset upon being flashed. Instead, he's only temporarily halted. Once he reaches the right door, he will instantly break through and attack the player.
In the Spooky Mansion: "Dreadbear" level, HandUnit walks the player through specific steps to bring Dreadbear to life, with the mechanics functioning similarly to the Parts and Service levels in the base game. The player must color his brain correctly, while also setting the correct brain waves, and making it the right size to place it in Dreadbear's head. While doing that, the player must perfect his brain while keeping the power on. Getting any of these requirements wrong will result in Dreadbear attacking the player.
- Dreadbear was teased through the Prize Counter's monitor in the update that added the FNAF 2 Blacklight level, Withered, which can be seen by pressing the red button in the Exotic Butters basket. The teaser depicts Dreadbear's arm rising out of the ground in front of a static-filled monitor.
- Although Dreadbear is seemingly average in height during gameplay, his form in the level select hub and game over screen is currently the single largest animatronic within the Five Nights at Freddy's series by far.
- If the player idles in the main hub for long enough, Dreadbear will appear, walking past the player from behind and making his way towards the barn to the player's right.
- Dreadbear's walking animation is based on those of stereotypical zombies, as well as Boris Karloff's portrayal of Frankenstein's Monster.
- Dreadbear's name was originally planned to be "Franken Freddy" as revealed in an unused game file.
|The following section is rather large and has been truncated for ease of page viewing.|
To view it, click the [show] tag.
Model and Animations
The audio is loud and/or startling!
|The sound Dreadbear makes when he attacks. This is shared with all the nightmare animatronics.|