The cupcake animatronics are small cupcake-like animatronic characters mostly accompanied by Chica and her various counterparts (except Withered Chica, Phantom Chica, Jack-O-Chica, Rockstar Chica, and Glamrock Chica). They make recurring appearances in almost every Five Nights at Freddy's games of the series up to date with seemingly minor roles and sometimes brief purposes, but contain little-to-no important lore information.
Mr. Cupcake, also simply known as the Cupcake, is an anthropomorphic cupcake animatronic who is usually accompanied by Chica. It has pink-frosting with two large yellow eyes, a yellow-striped birthday candle with a vinyl candle-light, buck teeth, no wrapper, and black eyelids. As the very first introduced cupcake animatronic of the series, Mr. Cupcake appears in all games except for the fourth game, Sister Location, and Pizzeria Simulator.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's, Mr. Cupcake is seen being held by Chica's tray, which disappears when Chica is off the stage. There is another cupcake that is found inside the Office, at the top of one of the monitors to the right. Its appearance does not affect gameplay and it is only used for the Office's environmental decoration.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's 2, Mr. Cupcake appears as a replica toy that can be rewarded after beating the "Cupcake Challenge" mode in the Custom Night.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's 3, Mr. Cupcake can appear in the Office as a hallucination. Contrary to popular belief, it is not triggered when the player collects all the Shadow Cupcakes in the "Chica's Party" minigame. It is unknown what purpose it serves, as it does not affect gameplay. Also on Hall (CAM 04), what is normally a drawing of Toy Bonnie will change to an image of the Cupcake.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location, the Cupcake itself did not appear in the whole game. However, one of the Custom Night modes, "Cupcake Challenge", is named after that character.
- In Ultimate Custom Night, the Cupcake appeared in the FNAF 1-skinned Office on top of the monitor on the far right as a direct throwback to the first game.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted, Mr. Cupcake appeared with multiple roles:
- In the levels of the FNAF 1 mode, the player can pick the Cupcake up and throw it just like many interactive objects. The player can also summon the Cupcake from the Prize Counter with other object items.
- In Chica's Parts and Service level, after successfully getting rid of the cockroaches with the chemispray, Mr. Cupcake will be seen hoping off its tray and move around the room by itself, and the player must return it to its rightful spot. Once the Cupcake has been returned, the player finishes by eating a complimentary slice of pizza. However, the player needs to remain cautious when dealing with the Cupcake, as dropping or even knocking it over will immediately cause Chica to jumpscare the player.
- Mr. Cupcake also appeared in the death screen's room after the player fails any mode, sitting on top of the television. In the game's Blacklight Mode, the Cupcake will instead appear sitting to the left of the television, constantly glitching into its nightmare variant. If the player attempts to interact with Mr. Cupcake, it will suddenly jumpscare with the XSCREAM sound, then later fall off-screen, disappearing from sight. Trying to interact with it while glitching into its nightmare counterpart gives the same result.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery, Mr. Cupcake is revealed to have a movable jaw, as seen in Chica's Plush Suit view screen.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach, Mr. Cupcake makes multiple miscellaneous appearances.
The Toy Cupcake is a "toy" cupcake counterpart held by Toy Chica's tray. This cupcake appeared smaller with brighter colors and round, blue eyes. Its candle also has blue stripes. Unlike its original variant, it has no buckteeth at all.
This cupcake made its debut in Five Nights at Freddy's 2 and later appeared in Ultimate Custom Night, Help Wanted, and Special Delivery, although this cupcake in all said games lacked any unique roles as it was only used as Toy Chica's prop equipment.
The Shadow Cupcakes are shadow-variant cupcakes with glossy-black eyes who only appear in Five Nights at Freddy's 3.
They first appeared in the post-Night 2 minigame, where they can be seen in the West Hall as hints for the next upcoming minigame - "Chica's Party". They will physically appear on Night 3, and found on CAM 02, CAM 03, CAM 04, and CAM 06. Clicking on the cupcakes in that order will automatically start the hidden minigame. Although these appearances do serve a purpose (accessing the minigame), there is no logical explanation as to why they would just appear on Night 3. The Shadow Cupcakes also appeared in the secret area of Chica's Party minigame.
The Golden Cupcake is Mr. Cupcake's yellow-colored counterpart in Five Nights at Freddy's 3 and was only shown as a picture to replace Toy Bonnie's drawing occasionally on CAM 04.
From its official render image found in The Freddy Files at page 83, the Golden Cupcake is merely the original Cupcake's reskinned model with yellow frostings.
The Nightmare Cupcake is a nightmarish cupcake counterpart held on top of a tray by mostly Nightmare Chica as well as Neon Chica. It has been modified with a mouth of razor-sharp teeth and is seemingly autonomous. Its eyes are orange with glowing white pupils. Its pink-frosting is slightly darker in hue. The candlestick is thin and pale brown in color with a large vinyl candle-light.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's 4, the Nightmare Cupcake is capable of jumpscaring the player if they failed to check the Right Hall while in the Bedroom, directly resulting a game over.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted, the Nightmare Cupcake has two different roles:
- In Chica's Parts and Service level in blacklight mode, Nightmare Cupcake will appear as an replacement of the original Cupcake, where it can flee away from the room if the player wastes their time on catching it, leading to get jumpscared by Neon Chica.
- In the game over room in the Blacklight Mode, the original Cupcake can frequently glitch into Nightmare Cupcake, and attempting to interact it will cause a jumpscare.
The Funtime Cupcake is a funtime counterpart held by Funtime Chica. This cupcake has pink frostings just like Mr. Cupcake but possesses long needle-like teeth, blue eyes, and a candlestick with purple stripes.
It was only seen in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator and Ultimate Custom Night.
A list of reskinned cupcakes accompanied by the main animatronic skins in Special Delivery.
The 8-Bit Cupcake is Toy Cupcake's "arcade"-themed counterpart who appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery with Highscore Toy Chica for the Arcade Mayhem Event. It resembles exactly like Toy Cupcake but only designed as a 2D 8-bit sprite. In Highscore Toy Chica's attack mode outside of the Workshop, 8-Bit Cupcake's color will change into monochromatic purple shades and its eyes will turn black with purple irises and white pupils.
The Torch Cupcake is Mr. Cupcake's reskinned counterpart and appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's: Special Delivery with Liberty Chica for the 4th of July 2020 Event. It is made out of copper and engulfing flames, mimicking as the Statue of Liberty's Olympic torch.
The Scorching Cupcake is another reskinned variant of Mr. Cupcake in Special Delivery with Scorching Chica for the Sizzling Summer Event. Scorching Cupcake appears completely burnt (including the tray), lacking eyeballs, and a severely burning candlestick.
The Calavera Cupcake is Toy Cupcake's reskinned counterpart who appeared in Special Delivery with Catrina Toy Chica for the Halloween 2020 Event. It is the "Day of the Dead" variant of the Toy Cupcake, being based off a sugar skull, baring glowing red eyes, pink and blue facepaint and golden teeth.
The Moldy Cupcake is another reskinned variant of Mr. Cupcake that appears in Special Delivery's Scary Tales Event with Little Red Chica. Based on the fairytale Little Red Riding Hood, the cupcake can be found in a picnic basket that Little Red Chica holds. The cupcake is colored moldy brown with spores of green mold around it. Like the Scorching Cupcake, it lacks eyeballs.
|"I assure you, I am very real."
The contents of this article or section are from a non-canon source, and thus, have no bearing on the official lore of the series.
- In FNaF World, the series' separated spin-off game, while Mr. Cupcake's more cuter-version appeared along with its toy and nightmare counterpart, the original Mr. Cupcake from the core series did appear in the FNaF 57: Freddy in Space minigame as a power-up item.
- In Freddy in Space 2, Mr. Cupcake appears as a pick-up item. When picked up, the Cupcake will slowly heal the player with 1 HP.
- In the Ultimate Custom Night Demo troll game, Mr. Cupcake appears as collectibles when starting the game, although it was never seen again after completing the first level.
- Due to how small they are, the cupcake animatronics lack proper endoskeletons.
- Mr. Cupcake and Nightmare Cupcake are the only variants to be capable of jumpscaring. Although the only time where Mr. Cupcake literally jumpscares is in Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted.
- Nightmare Cupcake is also the only cupcake counterpart to outright kill the player, as seen in Five Nights at Freddy's 4.
- Shadow Cupcake and Golden Cupcake are the only counterparts not to be seen associated with another character.
- There is another cupcake variant available as a Funko POP!, by the name of "Chase Cupcake". As it seems to be just the original Cupcake with pupilless eyes, there is no such counterpart in the series' universe.
- In Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted, the Cupcake's original design has a stolen fan model by Superkerbin, as seen from the PAX East demo and some screenshots. Its prize item icon was left unchanged, however.
- There is also a much older texture map for the Cupcake from the game data, with more purple-colored frostings and funtime animatronic-styled iris textures.
|The sound Nightmare Cupcake makes when attacking the player.|
|The sound Nightmare Cupcake makes when played in the extra menu.|
|Mr. Cupcake (along with Nightmare Cupcake) screaming when the player attempts to interact with it from the death screen.|