|"Uh, I think the name was... Crying Child or something like that."
Crying Child has not been given an official name; as such, this name is purely conjectural. However, it will be used until an official name is released.
“You're broken. We are still your friends. Do you still believe that? I'm still here. I will put you back together.”
The Crying Child is the protagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's 4 minigames.
The Crying Child is a small boy with dark brown hair. He wears a black shirt with two grey stripes, and light blue shorts and gray shoes. His face is usually stained with tears.
The Crying Child is portrayed as a very scared and confused boy. He constantly cries whenever his older brother sadistically frightens him. He seems to have a connection with his plushies as he calls them his friends, hinting that he may be lonely. The plushies might be the closest thing he has to companions.
|"I was the first! I have seen everything!"
This section archives a lot of theories and speculation, which usually occurs from pre-release media, or just things that are still unknown, so please keep that in mind while reading. The page will continue to be updated with the most accurate information as more solid evidence is supplied.
- It is heavily implied that Crying Child is the son of William Afton.
- The Crying Child bears a striking similarity to the fifth child in the Happiest Day minigame, with both being the birthday boys, and both being associated with the same animatronic. Additionally, the layout of the minigame perfectly mirrors the layout of Fredbear's Family Diner during the child's death. Because of this, it's heavily speculated that the child in the Happiest Day minigames was indeed the Crying Child fulfilling unfinished business by finally celebrating his birthday in peace so he may pass on to the afterlife.
- On February 2, 2021, a Reddit user named u/Wolfie1740Kingdom made a post on the official Five Nights at Freddy's subreddit in which he possibly figured out Crying Child's first name, it being "Evan", using the Five Nights at Freddy's: Survival Logbook. Scott Cawthon has not yet confirmed this.
- This is supported by the Fazbear Frights story The Real Jake, where the brother of a man named Michael, who is believed by some to represent Michael Afton, is also named Evan. As it is theorized Michael Afton is the Crying Child's brother, the other son would be named Evan.
- u/Wolfie1740Kingdom himself doubts the likeliness of the Evan code nowadays.
- The Crying Child is the first protagonist in the series to be a child rather than an adult, the second being Gregory.
|The following section is rather large and has been truncated for ease of page viewing.|
To view it, click the [show] tag.
Five Nights at Freddy's 4
- The Possible Identity of 1983's Bite Victim - Reddit
|Main Five Nights at Freddy's Series Characters|