||"Oh, birthday boy! Get ready for a surpriiiise!"|
Remain mindful that this page may contains spoilers for related material. If you are new to anything, like if you have not played the game or read the book yet, please read at your own risk!
Crying Child has not been given an official name; as such, this name is purely conjectural. However, it will be used until an official name is released.
- Not what you were looking for? See Protagonist (FNaF4).
“You're broken. We are still your friends. Do you still believe that? I'm still here. I will put you back together.”
The Crying Child is the main protagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's 4 and the victim of the Bite of '83.
The Crying Child is a small boy with brown hair in a black striped T-shirt and his face is always stained with tears.
The child is portrayed as a very scared and confused boy who constantly cries when his older brother frightens him. He seems to have a connection with his plushies, calling them his friends hinting the child is lonely. The Crying Child seems to be quite strategic and intelligent as he smartly and carefully fends off the Nightmare Animatronics.
|"I was the first! I have seen everything!"|
This article or section contains a lot of speculation, which usually occurs from pre-release media, or just things that are still unknown, so please keep that in mind while reading. The page will continue to be updated with the most accurate information as more solid evidence is supplied.
- The Private Room in Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location heavily implies that he is the son of William Afton. If so, it's possible that William was talking to him through the Fredbear plush with a walkie talkie next to the same plush on the desk in the Private Room helping him to avoid danger. He also set up cameras in the house to watch him and William could have only done this legally if it was his own house.
- This is further supported by the pink girly bedroom seen in the right side of his house which is hinted to belong to William's daughter Elizabeth Afton.
- This is also supported by the fact that Circus Baby who is possessed by Elizabeth states in one of the night terrors levels in Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted that the Crying Child's house feels like home.
- The crying child bears a striking similarity to the fifth child in the happiest day minigame, with both being the birthday boys, and both being associated with the same animatronic.
- Some people believe he is actually Michael Afton as is implied by the Five Nights at Freddy's: Survival Logbook.
- On February 2, 2021, a Reddit user named u/Wolfie1740Kingdom made a post on the official Five Nights at Freddy's subreddit in which he possibly figured out Crying Child's first name, it being "Evan", using the Five Nights at Freddy's: Survival Logbook. Scott Cawthon has not yet confirmed this.
- This is supported by the story The Real Jake, where the brother of a man named Michael, who is believed by some to represent Michael Afton, is also named Evan. If Crying Child is indeed Michael Afton's brother, like many believe, then his story counterpart would also be named Evan.
- The Crying Child is the first protagonist in the series to be a child rather than an adult the second being Gregory.
- The song played during Night 5's minigame is called "Serenade", by Franz Schubert . It is also the song heard coming from RWQFSFASXC's "Glitch Minigame" music box.
|Five Nights at Freddy's 4||Major character||First appearance; main protagonist.|
- The Possible Identity of 1983's Bite Victim - Reddit