A list of official anniversaries celebrated for special events, like announcements for the upcoming game, the future of the franchise, behind-the-scenes, etc. The official anniversary date is August 8th, the same date where the first game was released.
1st Anniversary (2015)
On Scott Cawthon's website, he replaced the "The End?" image with the appreciation image showcasing all of the recurring animatronic characters from the first four games, excluding JJ, Shadow Freddy and RWQFSFASXC, all six phantoms, and all nightmare animatronics from the fourth game's Halloween Edition.
2nd Anniversary (2016)
Once every hour, Scott released a series of "behind-the-scenes" screenshots at his website to show development images of the character models and some of their jumpscares.
- Freddy Fazbear's model without his suit but the mask. The screenshot reveals the production date for the first game - May 28, 2014
- Bonnie holding his own mask up. Note that his bowtie was black instead of red.
- Chica's showcased model, with her Cupcake winking and smirking.
- Untattered Foxy giving thumbs up with both hands. Note his missing shoulder tuffs.
- A production of Bonnie's jumpscare. Note that Freddy was seen at the West Hall.
- A production of Chica's jumpscare.
- Springtrap with his corpse head and chest fully exposed.
3rd Anniversary (2017)
Like last year, Scott uploads a series of more "behind-the-scenes" screenshots at his site. Some screenshots display hidden images of characters to promote the incoming release of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator.
- Funtime Freddy doing a split dance. (Molten Freddy's wires and eyeballs are visible at the bottom left.)
- The display of three Freddles, originally referred as "MiniFreddies".
- The display of Exotic Butters, originally referred as "ExoticMegarines".
- Circus Baby holding her own head. (Scrap Baby's pigtails are seen.)
- Springtrap with most of his corpse/endoskeleton exposed but the head and hands. (Scraptrap's bony hand is seen.)
- The display of Little Joe's doll.
- The display of the Magician's toy.
- A view of Bonnie staring at the surveillance camera at the Backstage from the first game. (Scrap Baby's endoskeleton head was found on the backstage shelf next to the door.)
4th Anniversary (2018)
Dawko, one of the notable YouTubers associated with Scott Cawthon, uploads an official interview with Scott Cawthon, who will answer questions regarding the previous games, theories, the movie's current development, his past animation works, how his family was doing, his birthday, and the future of the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise.
5th Anniversary (2019)
Scott uploads a promotional image at his website to tease the next installment - Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach.
- Note: The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch console ports for the first seven games of the series were first originally intended to come out for this anniversary but was delayed.
6th Anniversary (2020)
Help Wanted Anniversary
The Help Wanted game's official anniversary is May 28th.
On May 28, 2020, Steel Wool Studios released their artwork to celebrate the 1st anniversary.
Special Delivery Anniversary
The Special Delivery game's official anniversary is November 26th.
On November 26, 2020, to celebrate the 1st anniversary, a several batch of anniversary products are released to the official online store. The anniversary's merchandise image shows all of the animatronics as well as their skins (excluding the forest animatronics and onwards).
- "Happy 6th Anniversary to FNAF and the community! One of our amazing Concept Artists, @cakepaints, wanted to cook up a sweet illustration as a solid and sincere thanks to you all! Thank you for being an amazing community!" - Steel Wool Studios Twitter
- "Who said we forgot? :)" - Steel Wool Studios Twitter
- "We made a little something... Celebrate with us as we remember our first year of very special deliveries! Peep this video--it's for our anniversary & the cool new anniversary merch collection" - Illumix Twitter